Cisco Valet M10 wifi settings

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjay92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,692

sanjay92

ISP
BSNL
BSNL Broadband Modem: Teracom Model : TL-B-DSL699E9We can connect BSNL broadband directly connected with PC but I am unable to configure with Cisco Valet M10 wireless router.I can access admin page of both BSNL broadband and also router and configured PPPoE connection and provided UserName & Password but my wireless router is unable to get IP address. Is there any other settings, I need to do.Please suggest.

QuickFIXConnect teracom in PPPoE mode ( Always On ) enable DHCP.Cisco router : select DYNAMIC IP give new LAN IP address.checking details of wifi router .Confirm teracom modem from BSNL>Feedback.

QuickFIX
Connect teracom in PPPoE mode ( Always On ) enable DHCP.
Cisco router : select DYNAMIC IP give new LAN IP address.
checking details of wifi router .
Confirm teracom modem from BSNL>
Feedback.

This step is done Connect teracom in PPPoE mode ( Always On ) enable DHCP and I can connect to Internet
when connecting PC directly with ethernet cable from Teracom Modem to PC.

Cisco router : select DYNAMIC IP give new LAN IP address.
>> There is no Dynamic IP option. There is DHCP option so I have tried that.
I have taken out output ethernet cable from Teracom Modem and other end goes to Cisco Wireless Router
in the Internet. There are also 4 other ethernet ports labled 1 thru 4.

My wireless router is unable to get IP address from BSNL modem.
Please suggest

When you connect Rj45 from say LAN1 to ethernet port of desktop or laptop
do you get connected to Internet?
In computer "
Start/ RUN type cmd Ok
new window
type ipconfig /all

Copy/PASTE data Only for LAN and WLAN. No tunnel data.
even if all given I can edit and delete.

Para two : as a temp measure can try application "connectify"
In laptop connected to teracom. Will work as AP for cellphone , other laptops.
Downloaded user manual for Cisco valet. same as Linksys models DHCP mode is OK.
What is the MTU value selected.?

I was able to solve issue by connecting output from bsnl modem to ethernet ports labeled 1 not the wan [internet] port ,somehow it does not work with WAN port.I am unable to go thru admin site [wireless router ] one using ip address ,I can go to admin site o BSNL router. The other problem I see is frequent connection drops . My mtu is set 1500

Congrats.When you connect to WAN Port and access the wifi router menu pages,In LAN you may have to change the IP address from 192.168.1.1 ( used for BSNL)and allot say 192.168.1.2. or 192.168.2.1 to access menu later. 2. If "DynamicIP" option is selected , WAN port may function. Which mode you selected ?3. If possible upload screenshot of connection status, and the wifi page, and give the links here. . 4. The ipconfig /all for LAN/WLAN will give a clear picture.Feedback.