• Thread starter Thread starter Hardik7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,253

Hardik7

Aparigraha
ISP
You Broadband
According to a recent NPD report, Apple hardware took a hit in commercial sales during 2013 while Google's platforms rallied; the largest gainer being Chromebook, which outsold MacBooks five to one.

From 0.1% in 2012, Chromebooks took 21% of all notebook sales — 8% of all computer sales — during the period from January to November 2013.

"New products like Chromebooks, and reimagined items like Windows tablets, are now supplementing the revitalization that iPads started in personal computing devices." said NPD's vice president of industry analysis Stephen Baker.

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/12/29/npd-chromebook-sales-outperform-macbooks-in-commercial-sector-as-ipad-loses-ground

Trust me. Even folks like me do not believe this stupid market report from NPD. Also... Avoid AppleInsider pieces here. I have credibility issues with them.

If my comprehension is accurate then according to NPD these are actual device sales.
And issues? Do you think that AppleInsider articles are not credible enough? It's actually one of the few dedicated tech website I've found which seems to be unbiased.

Chromebooks are not that cheap when you compare them with netbooks available without OS these days. USD 250-300 is probably good enough to buy better specced netbook.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]The title says that the sales of Chromebook outperforms that of Macbooks not the Chromebooks themselves.[/color]
Er.. yes. They are quite cheap in comparison to Mac-books so they would expectedly outsell them.

I cannot wait for Acer C720P to launch in India. Hoping they would add a 4GB model to the lineup. Really want to avoid getting a HP model.

Chromebooks are on sale in India. Three models when I last checked. This model is not.