Choose Bsnl Over Airtel! :o

• Thread starter Thread starter Kanou
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 7,723
Being realistic, we'll be seeing 2mbps unlm by 2014, at the rate we are going.

thats assuming we r moving forward.. looks like we r still standing still in case of unlimited plans..

But since BSNL and a few other providers have already introduced high speed plans, its only a matter of time before airtel does so as well.I think we should be patient, because this isn't some sort of game. I'm sure airtel does have something in the pipeline.Its not that I'm obsessed with Airtel but this would be natural for any market. I'm sure there are many factors to consider before such a change can be brought about and when conditions are right for them, they will come out with something better.Please don't forget, BSNL might have paved the way for broadband, but it was airtel who brought us unlimited plans and constant connections in the first place.

QUOTE(params7 @ Feb 11 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]79451[/snapback]
Right now, TATA is the only ISP that 'rocks'. 512 kbps, and they DELIVER 512kbps (60+kBps, customers are happy : clicky). Enough to stream music and videos, you just taste this speed once, and start loathing Airtel.[/b]
How long has TATA been good ?

You do not say where you are from or whether you even have a TATA connection ?, given how much you like them, i'm surprised you don't have one, or maybe u forgot to update your profile.

As prathap said, *RELIABILITY* is what matters the most for me and not worrying bout whether i can or cannot afford to DL something now.

True that streams don't work but you can donwload those anyway. For downloading i have had no probs with Airtel, no speeds getting shaped whatoever, and heh i dont get DBL speeds at night, just rock solid performance @220kbs (avg) 24hs.

You say Tata is good now, how long is this track record please ?..they recently slashed their prices, if they are so good why do this.

Cos i'm talking from 2+ yrs with Airtel and close to zero issues.

Would need some more convincing b4 i choose to jump ship, thats for sure.

I totally agree there.

i second what blr_p has said above 😀and sushubh true, power problems do bother me though 🙁

AFAIK for speeds-Tatafor reliability/CC-Airtelfor overall/price-Airtel 🙂Oh and maybe Params is waiting for new plans.....he doesnt want to go for 512k Tata and thensee that Airtel 1mpbs is out .....(1mbps....What a nice dream though 😛)

i've seen excellent reliability n decent speeds for bsnl also..the only edge i see with airtel is a superior cc n night double speeds (but.. with 256kbps ppl not gettin it anymore.. i guess that kinda cancells out)if airtel was available in my area.. i would've chosen airtel.. no doubt.. but.. now.. bsnl doesn't seem like a bad compromise.. n.. even if airtel does come over to my area.. don think i'll be shifting.. bsnl has been giving what i want.. n that too cheaper..oh btw.. tata sucks big time.. i mean.. they "slashed" their prices?? they were bloody costly! n had like a 50% uptime!! but.. their speeds were the best.. whenever the line was up 😛

QUOTE(nightwolf2k5 @ Feb 11 2007, 08:28 PM) [snapback]79475[/snapback]
thats assuming we r moving forward.. looks like we r still standing still in case of unlimited plans..[/b]

Yeah, I hope everybody in this forums can 'live' to see the day when we'll be rolling on 2mbps unlm 😛

And blr_p, the only reason why I haven't shifted to Tata yet is because I'm out of funds to spend for this month. I will be getting Tata by March 1st, regardless if Airtel introuduces new plans or not (If airtel rolls out 512 with 1mbps at night, then not 😛), I need two internet connections as I'll be using one to use with my PSP and Ps3 (when I'll get it). From the recent reports, Tata's service has been good, and they deliver more than the promised speeds (where Airtel delivers an avg short of target speed, 220 kbps from 256, Tata goes avg 260 kbps on 256).
You're not much of a downloader, I can tell that, but the world's changing, the P2P is taking on, and I want to be able to listen to same damn flawless online radio, nuff said. Like I said, Airtel can keep on giving the same crap with good service and there will always be those casual surfers that won't a give a flying **** about it, but there is a big majority of us here that want to surf some freakin' fast internet and download on a scale closer to the rest of the World racing way ahead of us out there (speeds where even video stream don't run smoothly? That's not broadband, that's a gimmick, its about time you wake up, realise this and stop arguing)

QUOTE(blr_p @ Feb 12 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]79559[/snapback]
How long has TATA been good ?

You say Tata is good now, how long is this track record please ?..they recently slashed their prices, if they are so good why do this.[/b]

Answer is loud and clear:- Competition, fight-back, the hunger to be number one
and airtel uncle behaving like he want to retire 🙄 lets see how long you ppl gonna wait....and what if nothing happens till august 2007...... :blink:

QUOTE(AmbarD @ Feb 12 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]79621[/snapback]
Well Params if ur gonna change the do make sure to report back here with your experience with Tata 🙂[/b]

Ofcourse.

QUOTE(params7 @ Feb 12 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]79603[/snapback]
You're not much of a downloader, I can tell that, but the world's changing, the P2P is taking on, and I want to be able to listen to same damn flawless online radio,[/b]
Does approx 20GB/month over the last 2 yrs qualify ?

I must admit i don't DL that much nowadays, cos i have not much time left to enjoy a lot of it. But the trust with Airtel does come with an A+ track record. It would be nice to just listen to a stream tho, without the gaps, but that really depends on who is streaming and what the demand is, if its some cool dj that dont have the broadband, then wont make much diff what speed the receiver has. So usually i will download streams and listen to them later or not as it turns out. Now you will say youtube etc, which is cool, maybe if streaming worked i might get hooked.

i don't do movies much, time it takes to pull one movie i've got several hours of music already.

QUOTE(params7 @ Feb 12 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]79603[/snapback]
there is a big majority of us here that want to surf some freakin' fast internet and download on a scale closer to the rest of the World racing way ahead of us out there (speeds where even video stream don't run smoothly? That's not broadband, that's a gimmick, its about time you wake up, realise this and stop arguing)[/b]
LOL, i could not disagree with you anymore, nor would a lot of ppl but my point still reamains which is that you are *yet* to get TATA broadband. Once you have had them for several moons (12 is a minimum), i might be more convinced. Yeah Tata is offering good speed, but downtime from what i gather on this board is high,

Do you not see a pattern here ?

They are clearly promising more than they can deliver which is worse than providing 80% of the speed *nearly all* the time.. 🙂

BSNL hmm, how much do i have to bribe the local repairman to do the job properly, cos i still have my BSNL phone and there are issues every 6 months and the guy looking after my area is a useless POS but i won't switch to Airtel for phone even tho they are a little bit cheaper.So after this experience i dont think i can trust BSNL for broadband.

So far i got redundancy, seperate cos, for phone, internet & TV. Internet is best of breed in my area, TV could be better, phone hmm..this one is tricky.