• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 7,728

Kanou

Regular
ISP
Reliance 1mbps UL
The reasons are plain and simple.
Lets compare between the Rs. 500 pack by BSNL having speeds upto 2mbps with 2-8am unlimited and the Rs. 999 pack by airtel having speeds upto 256kbps unlimited.

1. Stuff you can download with BSNL in a month with just the 500 bucks a month plan.

People having these packs are reporting to get speeds of 1.7mbps minimum. So they can easily download 4-5GBs between the free unlimited hours.
4 x 30 days = 120GB of downloads in a month. Awesome!

2. Stuff you can download with Airtel in a month for the overpriced and very measely speeds Rs.999 bucks a month plan. (this is for most of the people who DO NOT get night double speeds)

People can download about 2 GIGs a day required that they HAVE to keep their downloads running 24 hours a day @_@
so 2 x 30 = 60GB of downloads in a month for twice the amount charged by BSNL v_v

Conclusion: BSNL gives 120GB in a month by just running it for 6 HOURS for 500 bucks a month! Airtel gives 60GB in a month by running it for 24 hours for abut 1000 bucks. So lets say someone gets 2 packages of BSNL 500 bucks they can probably get 240GB for the same price offered by Airtel. Also think of the electricity they can save! I mean getting those 240GBs for running 6 hours a night is so much better than running your PC the whole month and still getting just 60B.
Thus right now, BSNL is 4 times better than Airtel in terms of downloads offered and also 4 times better in terms of time.
So currently BSNL is 16 times better than Airtel 😱

Points to be remembered (For heavy downloaders)
1. SWITCH OVER TO BSNL FOR 500 BUCKS A MONTH!
2. 240GBs owns 60GBs any day 😀 (considering you are planning to take up 2 packs of BSNL o.o)

Airtelbuddie, dont you dare try to say Airtel can possibly be a better deal in this thread. I got a lot of proof from other sites about the downloads that people got in the 1st month on the 500 BSNL plan.

Here's mine Mr. Green
Total :: 182.661 GB

Download :: 126.296 GB
Upload :: 56.365 GB[/b]

Another guy

And oh yea some lucky guy on BSNL is getting over 2mbps on 900 UL plan lol

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7329/totalbb3.jpg

Cmon....this stuff is like months old.When ppl wanna swtich over they willYou want to then do it.BTW you forgot that BSNL's CC is bad to say the least.....

I think you are missing 2 important points

1-> Reliability:: How many times does your airtel connection go down in a month! With BSNL things might be OK as long as its working, but god forbid if something goes wrong. I would not like to run after them to repair my connection.

2-> Net is not only for downloading:: I think most of us like to sleep during the night 🙄 With NU you cannot do any work during the day as the sword of download limits always hanging over your head. Net is not only for downloading :huh:

Even for a moment i consider the downloading part, what is max upload speeds that you can get in BSNL NU. I am sure it will not be equal to download speed. If you are using private trackers then you are in big trouble. You download so fast that your upload can't keep up. You end up uplading forever You ratio is all messed up :wacko: Now please don't tell me that public torrents are better 😛

In the end all i can say is you are free to switch to BSNL if you want, but most of us are happy with what we have(especailly those with Double speeds at night). I am sure we will see some sort of speed upgrade in the near future.

You guys have some wrong info on public torrents :XEver tried leeching off torrents with over 100 seeds and 1500 leechers? 😵btw regarding uploading through public torrents i know people who can and do upload over 6TB of data in a day. Once again why not give faster speeds when they (Airtel) can?You are right though as to how night unlimited can be troublesome for guys who wanna download during the day.hmmn maybe i should keep Airtel and get 1 package of BSNL for the night o.o2 ISPs FTW! \o/Edit: Stupid question. Is BSNL not available in Mumbai? O_O If it is please provide a contact number here ~.~

With an unlimited plan I never have to worry about being billed wrongly. And even if I was billed wrongly, I would hate to have to deal with the BSNL/MTNL guys. With limited plans, you leave yourself open to be billed wrongly.With unlimited plans, I never have to think about inane cr*p like "uh, oh how close am I to my limit" when I am downloading or surfing.

Oh well if you can afford 999+500+tax per month then 2 ISP is made for u

QUOTE(Kanou @ Feb 11 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]79412[/snapback]
You guys have some wrong info on public torrents :X
Ever tried leeching off torrents with over 100 seeds and 1500 leechers? 😵
btw regarding uploading through public torrents i know people who can and do upload over 6TB of data in a day.
Once again why not give faster speeds when they (Airtel) can?
You are right though as to how night unlimited can be troublesome for guys who wanna download during the day.
hmmn maybe i should keep Airtel and get 1 package of BSNL for the night o.o
2 ISPs FTW! \o/

Edit: Stupid question. Is BSNL not available in Mumbai? O_O If it is please provide a contact number here ~.~[/b]

Firstly BSNL is not available in Mumbai and Delhi. Its MTNL in these 2 cities.

About public trackers, yes the speeds can be equal to private trackers but you don't always get what you are looking for. Also with public torrents the no. of seeds is only high for a limited period. So downloading older torrents with public trackers doesn't always work.

airtel's current package rocks.Simply because it WORKS. all the time. PEACEFULLY.FULLSTOP.(for example, i can put a 15 GB file for upload/dl, & go out of town for 5 days, with absolutely no bothers whatsoever)

And get invertor batteries life reduced from 30months to 20 months 😛 as it happened with me!!

airtel's current package rocks.
Simply because it WORKS. all the time. PEACEFULLY.
FULLSTOP.[/b]

No. Airtel is showing its true colours right now, and no, its plans 'suck'. 256 is crap, youtube lags, you can't even stream mp3 audio of online radio sites. 256 is not what broadband was meant to be.

Airtel can keep the same plans for 10 more years, they'll make sure they do with no downtimes, and its hard to believe people will still be happy, does anybody in this country like to 'progress'?

Right now, TATA is the only ISP that 'rocks'. 512 kbps, and they DELIVER 512kbps (60+kBps, customers are happy : clicky). Enough to stream music and videos, you just taste this speed once, and start loathing Airtel.

As for now, I reccomend people to shift to TATA or BSNL. We need to favour what's right.

QUOTE(params7 @ Feb 11 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]79451[/snapback]
..... does anybody in this country like to 'progress'?[/b]

don't you fell, that u should consider yourself lucky of even 256kbps in India?

somebody teach the *loody IT minister what is the diff b/n KBPS & MBPS

and 1 ISP told me that :- SORRY SIR WE CAN'T PROVIDE YOU speed more then 256 as trai defines 256 is "the" broadband speed

now who will tell them how far we are .....as he cant even dream how behind we ARE 😀

bharat mata ki jai ....................... political pita ki bhi jai

^Amen. This country needs a total government overhaul to go anywhere that knows what its people need (less traffic, high speed internet, police stations where good looking women aren't afraid to go to). Yeah, infact, I should be feeling lucky we're even getting some unlimited internet here.

I agree. 512 is the way to go! Yeah we are lucky for unlimited downloads.