Choose Bsnl Over Airtel! :o

• Thread starter Thread starter Kanou
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 7,720
:lol: :lol: Kanou :lol:.... Read the replies on this topic, now u'll come to know where BSNL stands & what position Airtel has got in market in case of Users' choice :lol: :lol: No more comments on such a good try to challange me directly.. :lol: Feeling sorry for kanou :lol:

QUOTE(Kanou @ Feb 11 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]79406[/snapback]
The reasons are plain and simple.
Lets compare between the Rs. 500 pack by BSNL having speeds upto 2mbps with 2-8am unlimited and the Rs. 999 pack by airtel having speeds upto 256kbps unlimited.

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7329/totalbb3.jpg[/b]

... But here in Bangalore, BSNL has gone from bad to worse eversince they have started this so called "Upto 2 mbps" plan. Right from 1st day of this year, every single day the link is down 10 - 15 times during day time. And when you call CC they say they are upgrading the systems.

And this "upto 2 mbps" speed is misleading. Until now, only 5 - 6 times I have experienced great download speeds of around 200 KB/s, but most of the times it is anywhere from 20 KB/s to 60 KB/s. And the worst part is Link. If you are downloading a large file in the night, If have to get up every 30 minutes to check the link !!

So, If you are on Airtel 256 kbps and plan to change to BSNL "upto 2 mbps" please check with someone who has BSNL in your area. In my area, Airtel broadband is not available, hence I have to live with BSNL bad or worse !!

QUOTE(Airtel Buddie @ Feb 14 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]79824[/snapback]
:lol: :lol: Kanou :lol:.... Read the replies on this topic, now u'll come to know where BSNL stands & what position Airtel has got in market in case of Users' choice :lol: :lol: No more comments on such a good try to challange me directly.. :lol: Feeling sorry for kanou :lol:[/b]
o.o i cant move to BSNL bcoz Mumbai doesnt have BSNL v_v
anyways according to a few ppl the "official" plans are worse than BSNL bcoz they havent mentioned anything like night unlimited. i mean who the heck who pay 1000 bucks a month for just 3GBs, thats plain stupid =_= and you should read the comments on other forums aswell, these new supposedly 2mbps packs by airtel are crap (if it doesnt have night unlimited). http://www.techenclave.com/forums/airtel-2...nced-86454.html
by the way, we still arent getting any double speeds at night, been getting 26-29kBps 24/7 since the day i got airtel. why cant they atleast upgrade us to the same plans as the Delhi users? i mean we pay the same 999 per month (+ extra for those of us who use their telelphone) @_@
another thing is that according to other people airtel still doesnt have any 2mbps plans -___- and no news about upgrades for unlimited users either >.<

Edit: I just called up airtel. There IS a 2mbps topup plan for 250 per month and 99 for topup with 1 GB limit and it has NO NIGHT UNLIMITED. There are no new combo plans >.< *disappointed*

^^ ive been getting 20-25 in day(7:00Am to 11:20Pm) and 40-45 in night(11:21Pm to 6:59Am) for the first time in my life yay! 😛

i used to touch similar speeds on trans yamuna. but only on pure downloads. http browsing sucked.

LOL, i could not disagree with you anymore, nor would a lot of ppl but my point still reamains which is that you are *yet* to get TATA broadband. Once you have had them for several moons (12 is a minimum), i might be more convinced. Yeah Tata is offering good speed, but downtime from what i gather on this board is high,[/b]
Fair enough I guess. I've got people saying Tata has improved their services and all,

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/new-tari...nnai-86215.html

The amount of people giving Tata thumbs up are the majority.

Though, I'll be posting about their performance once I get it myself.

Originally posted by Airtel Buddie
Read the replies on this topic, now u'll come to know where BSNL stands & what position Airtel has got in market in case of Users' choice

Indian ISP scene is a sad, sad story.
I can only hope people will chose the right ISP, if Tata proves itself upto the mark.

I am on Airtel 256 kBps Night Unlimited with over a One Year & 4 months.

Day Time i am get 35 - 40 kBps
Free Time (9.00 p.m. - 8.00 a.m.)
11.00 p.m. - 7.00 a.m. my speed is 65 kBps.

2200 MB / day I am get only 9.00 p.m. - 8.00 a.m.

Happy User

^^Whoa Night time speeds 65k 😱😱and Day time 35k 😱😱Damn i can get only 25 in day and 48-50 in night 🙁

i think im the only poor guy here..Im on airtel 128 Kbps Unlimited...Day time 13 - 14night time 13- 14 WTF same.....

Only issue to date, was they added the Hello Tunes service (Rs.36/month) without my consent.I noticed it a few months later and told them that i had never asked for it, they waived the charge for the months i was charged and credited the amt to my next bill 🙂