1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Cherrinet - 250 Mbps - Chennai (Review)

Discussion in 'Internet (General Discussions)' started by manojrk, Nov 30, 2016.

1. manojrk

manojrk Newbie
    Regulars

I heard the bandwidth is very cheap if you could afford buying it in bulk. ACT and other Fiber ISP's can provide truly unlimited internet if they are willing to kill GB top ups but that constitutes a significant part of their revenue. There are a few ISP's offering truly unlimited in other markets where ACT is available but they are either small or insignificant so ACT doesn't bother to match their plans. TCCL is making use of its already deployed Fiber backbone that carries TV channels so we can expect a good competition if TCCL plays its cards right.

2. manu1991

manu1991 Ancient Philospher
    Regulars

Yeah its not that expensive to provide. Excitel gives 20 mbps without any FUP for 799 including taxes in Delhi and Hyderabad

3. manojrk

manojrk Newbie
    Regulars

My LCO just dropped the bomb on me. He moving from TCCL to SCV lol. I guess Cherrinet is from SCV?

4. mr_grump5

mr_grump5 Newbie
    Regulars

yep, expected this to happen with Act/Cherri wanting to maintain their FUP status-quo :mad:

5. manojrk

manojrk Newbie
    Regulars

He also said he will be offering broadband independent from SCV. Let's see how it will turn out.

6. mr_grump5

mr_grump5 Newbie
    Regulars

Cherrinet is testing 1Gbps
    Source

guess ACT will soon follow suit, the next big USP for Indian internet companies is going to be 1Gbps speed.

7. manojrk

manojrk Newbie
    Regulars

That is amazing.

But...

What's the point of 1 Gbps if the data allowance is going to be 100 or 200GB and 512 Kbps post FUP. I mean they already charge 11 times more than Hathway for a terabyte of data.

8. mr_grump5

mr_grump5 Newbie
    Regulars

them revamping FUP is given since TIC is launching with those awesome plans, this 1 gbps is their card to stay ahead of TIC competition or any small players already in the market. April 14 is the day for internet for Chennai in more than one way :angel:

9. salaxzar

salaxzar Newbie
    Regulars

1Gbps :eek: . Kind of speechless. But yea, no use if they keep providing shit FUP's

10. manojrk

manojrk Newbie
    Regulars

Yeah I hope they price it just right. I don't think it's possible for ACT to provide a gigabit plan anytime soon because they use one ONT for seven or eight connections, predominantly. Cherrinet providing individual ONT to each user with Fiber cable terminating at the premises is having the edge.