Cherrinet - 200 Mbps - 2 TB - Chennai (Review)

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 415
  • Views Views 135,246
Edit: No longer using the connection.

Cherrinet Fiber Broadband Review

Plans:

SoH3io2.webp

My Plan: Basic 200 Mbps (symmetric) 2 TB. It is prepaid and the rental is Rs. 1768 per month including taxes. They also offer 6 months+1 free and 12 months+2 free if you're looking for longer validity. Static IP is available at Rs. 5000 a year.

Got my connection up and running on the same day I paid. The fiber cable terminates at your premises on a ZTE ONU. Connection is reliable and the speeds are consistent.

Speedtest:
7129453778.png

Singapore:
7129456078.png

Netherlands:
7129459586.png

NYC (USA):
7129462684.png

DSL Reports:
30763175.png

Fast.com:
7eTdP95.webp

Torrent:
IhRT2LZ.webp

Browser download speed:
pzXrJ7e.webp

Steam (in Megabits):

uCKJYh7.webp

Conclusion:
I'm very satisfied with my Cherrinet connection. I highly recommend them if you are thinking about getting a connection. I don't suggest going for the longer validity plans given they update them frequently. You won't be able to change it till the subscription ends. Also make sure they put you on Airtel Transit. My speeds were all over the place when I was on Tata.

Pros:
  • Great speeds.
  • Less Downtimes.
Cons:
  • Overhead cabling.
  • You don't have the option to change your plan till it's validity expires.
  • Their Tata transit sucks to the core.

Let me know in the comments if you want me to test anything.

Edit: Updated on 30/12/16
Edit 2 (12/02/17): Not a single downtime since my last edit. Added fast.com speedtest result.
Edit 3 (07/04/17): Didn't face any downtime since Vardah.
Edit 4 (04/05/17): Added DSLReport speedtest. Yet to face any downtime.
Edit 5 (19/08/17): Cherri upgraded my plan to unlimited and the connection is still going strong. Added updated plans.
Edit 6 (11/03/18): Faced two downtimes which were quickly resolved. Updated speed test results.
Edit 7 (04/05/18): They don't offer unlimited anymore.
Final Edit (28/05/19): Cancelled the connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also getting similar latency over here with occasional spike to ~ 60 ms. Doesn't look like Cherri's doing tho.

Surprisingly it also same with my Airtel backup. I used to get < 5 ms to 8.8.8.8 but Google's Chennai POP could be under maintenance so we get replies from their Singapore POP.

You can try 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 if latency is the issue. I am using it since the launch and I find it much quicker than Google DNS. Had no issues with Netflix or Amazon prime.

yvrlmnf.png

Reactions: Raj
Tried ACT Giga at friends place. Almost full speeds to SGP servers and ~ 400 Mbps to EU servers.

I was so jelly the whole time 😀 Wonder if cherri is going to introduce such plans.

guess they will double the current speeds and call it a day.

Is Hathway wifi mesh really worth 16k, they have been spamming me nonstop.

It's been more than a month since ACT announced Giga plans and cherri, going by last few upgrades, matches them within a week. Guess the higher end plans don't sell much so why bother with upgrades.

Hathway is quoting the MRP. Network CPE's retails for 1/3rd of that price. When bought in bulk, it goes down further. Any idea which type of mesh AP's they're selling?

^ Nice. I thought they were selling it for 16K but free to use looks like a great deal. Any information on plan upgrades from Cherri?

Airtel is offering me 300 Mbps over fibre for 1.5K + GST, after discounts and waiver. I'm hearing they are going to upgrade their plans again and might throw in Netflix sub for free.

Act is provding plan 1049 for cheering customers.just a bill is enough.no installation charges and no deposit required.

I believe its the 100 Mbps, 1 TB plan as per their website. Speeds to Intl servers should be better than Cherri in any case. Uptime is more vital for me than speed/latency so I'm gonna hang on till Jio or Airtel FTTH.

Is Cherrinet website opening for anyone? Or their customer service is reachable? Internet is down for me for 30 mins and no way to reach them. Just mailed to their support email address.