Cherrinet - 200 Mbps - 2 TB - Chennai (Review)

• Thread starter Thread starter warpspeed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 415
  • Views Views 135,054
Edit: No longer using the connection.

Cherrinet Fiber Broadband Review

Plans:

SoH3io2.webp

My Plan: Basic 200 Mbps (symmetric) 2 TB. It is prepaid and the rental is Rs. 1768 per month including taxes. They also offer 6 months+1 free and 12 months+2 free if you're looking for longer validity. Static IP is available at Rs. 5000 a year.

Got my connection up and running on the same day I paid. The fiber cable terminates at your premises on a ZTE ONU. Connection is reliable and the speeds are consistent.

Speedtest:
7129453778.png

Singapore:
7129456078.png

Netherlands:
7129459586.png

NYC (USA):
7129462684.png

DSL Reports:
30763175.png

Fast.com:
7eTdP95.webp

Torrent:
IhRT2LZ.webp

Browser download speed:
pzXrJ7e.webp

Steam (in Megabits):

uCKJYh7.webp

Conclusion:
I'm very satisfied with my Cherrinet connection. I highly recommend them if you are thinking about getting a connection. I don't suggest going for the longer validity plans given they update them frequently. You won't be able to change it till the subscription ends. Also make sure they put you on Airtel Transit. My speeds were all over the place when I was on Tata.

Pros:
  • Great speeds.
  • Less Downtimes.
Cons:
  • Overhead cabling.
  • You don't have the option to change your plan till it's validity expires.
  • Their Tata transit sucks to the core.

Let me know in the comments if you want me to test anything.

Edit: Updated on 30/12/16
Edit 2 (12/02/17): Not a single downtime since my last edit. Added fast.com speedtest result.
Edit 3 (07/04/17): Didn't face any downtime since Vardah.
Edit 4 (04/05/17): Added DSLReport speedtest. Yet to face any downtime.
Edit 5 (19/08/17): Cherri upgraded my plan to unlimited and the connection is still going strong. Added updated plans.
Edit 6 (11/03/18): Faced two downtimes which were quickly resolved. Updated speed test results.
Edit 7 (04/05/18): They don't offer unlimited anymore.
Final Edit (28/05/19): Cancelled the connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am aware of it but prefer not to do that as I will lose all the routing features on my router. I run openwrt on my router and use some features that won't be available on Jio router

Friends, Could you please guide on what to choose between Cherrinet and Hathway. I am user of Cherrinet and subscription expires this week. Contacted customer care and they are ready to provide offer mentioned by @mr_grump5 except the option for extra free months. Had a positive reviews about Hathway from my friends and planning to change if feasible in terms of plans and price. Is Hathway reliable on their speeds and Service commitments?

no brainer really, if want quality international bandwidth Hathway>>>>>>Cherrinet. if you looking to munch data on torrents/youtube, CHerrinet is the way to go. Haven't experienced major downtimes with Hathway so haven't had to use their infamous customer service yet. @hemanathanvicky

@usrlocal ACT doesn't seem to throttle International speeds, if you're planning to go for it. Customer care, I guess is on par with Hathway which is below average.

@hemanathanvicky mr_grump5 said it better. If you predominantly use International servers then Hathway is the better choice.

@hemanathanvicky been using Cherrinet for past 3 months no downtime no speed problems with most of servers the only downside is that cherrinet have problems with some jio servers Jio vowifi,Jio cinema,Jio tv some Voot videos doesn't work.

I used to have cherrinet for the past 6 months and I can say the customer service and speed is the best (gonna try hathway soon).

The static ip is is as expected, with all ports unblocked.

Only thing is the static ip is too expensive and you need to upgrade to a SME plan to get it.