Cherrinet - 200 Mbps - 2 TB - Chennai (Review)

mr_grump5

Regulars
They have expanded to 3 more in South TN Tier 2/3 places (y)

pothi

Shhhhhh!
Regulars
I see this thread has 33 pages. Don't have much patience. I'd like to know what's wrong with Tata routing. Lately, Cherrinet seems to have expanded to cities close to where I live. I wanted to get it for my business needs. I don't do gaming. So, I don't mind about high ping times. But, a stable internet is mandatory for me. As long as, it doesn't disconnect or change IP often, it's fine for me.

May I know what's wrong with Tata routing?

mr_grump5

Regulars
with Airtel, Cherri could tap into their massive peering from Netflix/ Google/Amazon /M$ and better routing @ international gateways. Had no major downtimes save for Cyclone , Give it a shot.

Deep Saha

4G LTE GeeK
Regulars
worst ISP in chennai, very low speeds in International servers and when you raise a complaint they ask to check in Cherrinet own server in speedtest , and will show you 90+mbps speed thats it, if you argue they will say other servers speed they won't check.

Worst and illiterate customer support and fooling customers in terms of highspeed plans.

manojrk

Regulars
I faced the same problem a while ago and I had to file mutiple complaints to get my routing fixed. You could try the same and If it doesn't work out then moving on to competition is the only way out. If they pull the same shit again I am going to cancel it once and for all. Airtel is pretty solid IMO if you don't mid their Ad injection shenanigans.

Deep Saha

4G LTE GeeK
Regulars
@manojrk actually they are giving me some bullshit excuses that international speed should be like this , I mean 2/3 max 10mbps , due to hops and servers..

I explained them but still they are adamant on it... they are not ready to accept the fact , they are saying only local server you will get 90mbps or good speeds other international servers you will get around 10-16mbps which is more than fine :/

asking me to provide them screenshot of another provider in chennai with international server speed as whole chennai has same speed.. as per as they are saying...

can someone from chennai provide me speedtest screenshot of USA, NY, singapore speedtest to show them in the face..

They exactly know what you're talking about but still they seem very reluctant to make any routing changes. I have complained like a dozen times and all of them are resolved within few hours except routing change requests. They're hell bent to not change a route for unknown reasons.