• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,370

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
The main woe that people have to report about broad-band connections in India seems to be that their ISP doesn't provide the bandwidth @$$ured. You are normally @$$ured atleast 80% of the speed you are paying for (by the last-mile operator). But it ends up worse.A 128 kbps connection gives only 65 kbps (that is, not even 10 kBps throughput) most of the day, and it normally maxes out at 13 KBps. It is actually supposed to go up to 16 kBps...... :angry:

i think if u get speed low against u purchased plan, take legal action.or check this site , testmy.neti want atleast 1 MBPS DL speed in india in next 5 years.

QUOTE(patch @ Aug 18 2006, 01:21 AM) [snapback]58889[/snapback]
i think if u get speed low against u purchased plan, take legal action.
[/b]
yeah, i'm curious to know about ppl that have done so and what the result was.

My guess is ppl just put up with it or discontinue the service and use only email. There is no collective class action lawsuit happening in this country for something as trivial as low internet speed.

1MB/s is not realistic i think in the next 5 years, but 1Mb/s is.

If you consider it was not possible to even get 64kbs at a flat rate 5 years ago.

We now have 256kbs at flat rate, Airtel has been honoring the upto 80% part to date for me. BSNL also has a similar offering tho i wait to hear what ppls experiences with it are like.

cmon blr_p - we do NOT have unlimited true 256 speed available uniformly throughout the country, let alone even all the major cities. And legal action??? is that a joke? we take more than a decade for the 1993 bomb blasts trial , that should give you a BIG clue about us being truly democratic 😀In my experience, the best thing is to avoid dealing the inefficient indian machinery & system as much as one can, by planning in advance and knowing about the ground realities. Unless of course one has plenty of time to spare....is that possible in a rat race that works 12 hour days and on weekends???

well, sometimes I wonder whether people are 100% right in criticizing the extended delays in completion of trials for such events such as bomb blasts or not, considering the vastness of the evidence, as well as factors such as the huge number of witnesses to be examined and then cross-examined... in that sense suing an ISP might just be a shorter ordeal, since there is less stuff to get through... right?

QUOTE(yogi @ Aug 18 2006, 12:00 PM) [snapback]58899[/snapback]
cmon blr_p - we do NOT have unlimited true 256 speed available uniformly throughout the country, let alone even all the major cities.
[/b]
he did not mention "uniformly across the country", and neither am i implying it.

But close to 256 or unlimited 200+kbs is way better than 32k that i used to have. And it is available near Delhi, Chennai, BLR, parts of Mumbai as well as some smaller cities in India. I have not even mentioned BSNL's unlimited plan which will defnitely extend further.

SO i still maintain, then that the above cities will instead of 1Mb/s have close to 1Mb/s in 5 years time..easily (if not more).

So there are people who love to see sunill mittal in court similar to the way anil ambani is being called :lol: