Cheapest Laptop to Run Chrome (multi-tabs/multi-windows)?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,003
D

Deleted member 63558

Hi, I am looking to buy cheapest laptop available in the market such that I can run Google Chrome (multi-tabs/multi-window) of it?

Most Important: It shouldn't lag/hang when running Chrome Browser.

Preferences
Connectivity: WiFi

Budget: As cheap as possible (keeping my requirements and preferences in mind).

Please provide the specific Product Model Name/Number and Brand so that I can easily search for that.

Thanks.

If you just want to run Chrome... You can consider getting a Chromebook. But the models available in India are not very good.
The other option is to buy a cheap laptop and run CloudReady by Neverware on it. Overall performance should be better than running Chrome on Windows/Linux and maintenance requirement would be low as well.

Of course, no one can guarantee a trouble-free performance as it would get slower as you use it. And it would also depend upon the kind of websites you visit. So set yourself a budget and get the best model you find in that budget.

Upvote 0
i recommended neverware for a situation where running chrome is the 'only purpose'. it is stupid to use windows if you only need a laptop for chrome. but i now understand that you want a regular windows laptop but want good performance from chrome.

so my recommendation still stands. decide on a budget and then look for the best deal in that budget. there is no specific model that would provide better experience on chrome compared to other models. there are just too many parameters. logically speaking, a model with ssd would provide much better performance on chrome. so if you can live with a 32GB storage option, get one of the cheapo machines that come with small ssd. because regular laptops with 120/250GB ssd would cost a lot of money.

as for buying laptop... i have stop recommending online stores. find a local store. feel the laptop in person. if you can find the exact model online, buy it otherwise just get it from the store. because laptops are very different from smartphones. build quality, weight, display quality, resolution cannot be ignored.

Upvote 0
in some cases, local stores can actually beat the online prices by bundling goodies and even installing software etc for you. i recommend local store because you can actually check the product before buying. so you know how heavy it is. how is the build quality and of course how is the general performance assuming demo machine has an OS.

one of my chromebook purchases... i ended up selling the device because i hated the display on it plus the keyboard was horrible.

Upvote 0
@Sushubh Ah I see. Actually I need these cheaper laptops for simple browsing (related to work) nothing more than this. I have my PC and Laptop for my entertainment and choice stuff.

These laptops are only for very basic work like marketing and all.

Upvote 0