• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,733

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Hello friendsJust wanted to know what is the cheapest way to call UK mobiles. Vodafone charges a whopping 8-10 rupees for minute and even though Aircel has an ISD pack, it doesn't cover UK mobiles.Kindly share your suggestions. I don't mind if it's a voip application as wellThanks

Google Voice: Calling Rates
Google's rates are supposed to be much lower than Skype...

Just realized it comes to around 12.89 Indian Rupee lol. It's expensive than ISD.
Skype has packages. If your usage is high, they might turn out to be a good deal:

Thanks Pankaj for your suggestion
However I will be calling to Lyca mobile in UK which would cost 7P/ min, which would still be a lot cheap I guess
But still exploring options

Thanks. Checking out viber nowSo far Viber Out seems to be the least expensive option. Skype would cost avg 7 - 8 cents a min compared to 5.9 from Viber
Going to give Viber a try and see how it goes
Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks SVK - Unfortunately, I don't have a landline number to call
Aircel has ISD rate cutters that allows you to call UK Fixed lines for as low as 50 paise/ min - I wish they offered the same rate for mobiles as well *sigh*
Update - I downloaded Nimbuzz and purchased 99 rs worth of credit and tried making a call to UK and guess what? it Failed!! and it continues to fail
Everytime I dial the number, I either get the message "Please dial the full international number and try again" or the screen gets stuck at "Connecting..." forever
I have emailed them on this issue and if they don't/ can't fix this, I will try to get a refund.
Nimbuzz & Spectranet SUCKS big time!