Cheapest 512 unlimited broadband plan in India?

• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 23,760
^^^^So, even you are a Happy Reliance Wiredline user like me!!

I guess Indian broadband has made a fair bit of progress since I started this thread. I switched to MTNL from Tata Indicom in early 2010 with their 1Mbps UL plan for 1000 p/m and as mentioned above they have a 512UL plan for 600. Overally I am pretty happy with it and MTNL has been vastly more reliable than Tata Indicom which had horrible service. I know 1Mbps is pathetic by international standards but the truth is, it's adequate for most of what I do online and even a couple of years ago an affordable 1Mbps UL plan in India seemed a very distant dream.

Asterix...Yeah - for Indian standards, 1 Mbps is a very good option (As of now!!)........And as i had mentioned in another thread - that just like the revolution in Cellular services from its launch, till today, we are now gonna see a very huge revolution in Internet services also......When the mobile was just introduced, you had Astronomical rates for even receiving calls......and on landline, you having an STD was a LUXURY.But today - all landlines are almost free, and STD is by default.......and call charges - well providers like Virgin pay you for receiving calls (SERIOUSLY DONT KNOW THE HIDDEN COSTS of it!!)Similarly after the introduction of 3G now, will revolutionise the whole industry - both Wired & Wireless!!

But today - all landlines are almost free,

Where? I have stopped using my landline for outgoing calls. Mobile @ 1 ps/sec and 1 ps/2 sec works out cheaper for me.
Tell me which landline is almost free and I might go for it.

Reliance of course - but then its free for Reliance to Reliance within Maharashtra (not sure if its only Mumbai - i dont use it much for calls outside Mumbai), and for Reliance to any Landline - here too i think its restricted to only Mumbai.....But the fact is - you atleast have that luxury of free calling within Mumbai!!It helps a lot when u call up any CC - when you have to wait a long time. Its useful to me for calling up our CA Institute - theres hell of a lot of waiting there - its worse than any CC of any service provider!!