Cheapest 3G Dongle Tariffs

• Thread starter Thread starter sulabhgupta
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 24,243

sulabhgupta

ISP
Airtel
Hi,I intent to buy a 3G dongle to be used as my primary internet connection in Noida. So i want something which would give good and reliable speeds and cheap unlimited plans (aleast 15GB a month, preferable 30GB). Tata photon plus is giving unlimited 15GB for 1200/- Do you suggest any other operator with better plans?Thanks

MTNL 3G offers unlimited (800GB FUP) for Rs. 4500/6 months (750/month). Roaming is free at least for the Mumbai users.

Looks like the 4500/- plan has been withdrawn. However, the 3G 1650 plan is available. What is the FUP in this? How is the performance of MTNL 3G in noida generally?

Alright. 200 GB fup in the 1650 plan. Network would depend on your exact location in Noida. Decent 3G coverage here in Gurgaon. Speeds average at 2.5 mbps. But the network isnt consistent. I get full strength and 2 - 2.5 mbps, but my friend who lives a couple of blocks away gets half the speeds I get it.

I got a prepaid MTNL sim and am using it on my android phone HTC Desire S. I am getting the 'H' symbol and speeds of around 300+ kbps which is considerably less than the 1-3 mbps i was hoping. Do i have to do something separately for HSDPA? If someone has already gone through this, would appreciate some assistance. These are the settings i am using right now -

Name : mtnlAPN: gprsppsdelProxy : (Not Set)Port : 9401Username : mtnlPassword : mtnl123all else untouched.

Hsdpa is enabled by default. Now, low speeds could mean 2 things - network is poor in your area, or mtnl has capped the speeds. Try using gprsppsdel as apn and.leave everything else, including port , username, password blank. Also, have you recharged with a data plan ? If you havent, then recharge with the cheapest data pack and try.

hi this is m s khan i was using mts 2g data card 999 unlimited but i want 3g dongle with cheap and best plan if u will suggest then i will very very thankfull of you

As compared to other operators, Tata photon plus plan is much affordable. If you can check Reliance, it is offering 15 GB in Rs. 1799 and Tata Docomo is offering 10 GB in Rs. 1250. So, Tata photon will be the better option for 3G internet.

Better check how the strength is at the place where you hope to use frequently. I have had the misfortune of using Photon+ in a time-based plan where I was getting 10-20 kbps (yes kilo "bits"). Totally unacceptable.