Charged more for 50M 3 months plan. Support unhelpful

• Thread starter Thread starter exci12345
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,742
ISP
Excitel
Hi,

At excitel.com 50M 3 months is listed at 1575. But when you go to recharge, you have to manually select it which appears to be a dark pattern.

I had told my dad to recharge it who recharged for 1878. I only came to know this in the evening.

I raised the issue with support who have been unhelpful. I called their number, their too no help. Just blaming it on me.

I raised the issue on twitter, where they were outright lying.

Here's the link to twitter thread:

Source

I maintained my calm and showed them proof, despite their lying.

Any help @philip marlowe?

My last option is chargeback, I don't want to do it because I feel this can be solved otherwise.

Regards.

why the fuck do they have both regular and Binge branded plans in the payments popup!

u0vDeWQ.png
EkuhQlk.png

Could you please tell me, how much you are charged (under your bank account statement or card)?

Listing two different plans does not make sense....

otherwise it is simple
1575+18%= Rs.1,858.00

he did not describe his problem clearly. he wanted to recharge reeltimebinge 50 3M for 1575.
his dad did not scroll down fully and ended up recharging reeltime 50 3M for 1878.

excitel basically has same plan listed with two different pricing. this is scammy behavior.

^^ As I suspected. He (OP) clearly didn't mention his problem correctly.

all the pricing in the screenshots are without gst. so 18% is added in all cases from what i see.

4Vn0S2O.png
7gEltim.png

@exci12345 keeping Excitel's notorious behavior in mind. It's the user's fault.

But then, reach out to Nodal.

Rs.1,878.00 does not make any sense......

1575+18%= 1858

695*3=2070 and with gst = 2460.3

Binge is a special ongoing offer. So Binge branded multi-month plans are priced lower than regular multi-month plans. All the prices mentioned are without GST.

Basically Excitel has listed three different prices.

Single Month
Regular Multi-Month
Special Offer Multi-Month

OP in his first post is mentioning prices without GST.