Changing the start page !

• Thread starter Thread starter smartjean4u
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,996

smartjean4u

hi, i'm sankar and using sify broadband unlimited 64 kbps. whenever we connect to sify broadband page using sify broadband client , a internet explorer window will open with sify buzz page. can i change the page of the sify buzz by any hacks or reg edits. or any other way. i want to open google.com instead of sify buzz when i connect to sify brodbandwith regssankar anand

if wishes were horses...

Either use an alternative client or search for the dialer's config files. Also, search for the URL in your registry... If you find the URL in the registry then simply change it to whatever you want 😉

use microsoft antispyware and then install that crap. when it does extrasmartness with changinf yr browser startup page this antispyware will popup for your permission . that time just say block.yr work is done!@ 😛

Theres no way outta this, atleast for now, the links which open up are passed to the client in the XML file which contains your account information each time you login. The client parses this file and grabs the url from this file and opens the windows. So you wouldn't find much in the registry.

Tushar is right, you wont find the link in the registry, Try using a HexEditor and you can replace the link you find in the .exe file thru it. Though this trick does not always work 🙂

I say it again, the links are NOT embedded within the client, they are updated/snatched from the Sify Server everytime the client logs in. There is no way around it, Period.

well, if i'm not wrong, we had a work around long time back...it was changing the address in the registry or something like that...exactly i don't remember what's it...i need that as well...if anyone of u remember that...

ok....i havent tried it yet...but wondering....this is a nasty hack...so plz dont blame me if it doesnt work or screws up your connection...goto your "internet option" in IEin security choose "restircted sites"click on "sites" button add that "sify url" u mentioned!if evrythinng goes right, the page will not show....though the IEWILL OPEN!!!Hope it helps in some way!....i dont have sify so i cant try it!