• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,479

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Dear Friends,

I have a prepaid Airtel SIM, which I bought around 7-8 years ago, when I was in Pune. Now I have shifted to Mumbai and thus I want to change my circle from Pune to Mumbai to save roaming charges. Is it possible? Have you been able to change your circle as an Airtel customer? I have tried to call the known customer helpline ie 121 and 198, but unfortunately I have not been able to talk to their representative despite trying different options. Is is all automated, press option this and press option that kind of stuff. I feel frustrated. Can you please help me? Thanks a lot.

Inter circle porting is not possible yet. You may port to bsnl and continue using in Bombay. Else wait till pan India MNP is implemented

Funny, that one Airtel gallery says I can port from Pune (Maharashtra circle) to Mumbai circle, while another one says no. How can I talk to Airtel customer representative directly? 121 and 198 are fully automated now. Thanks.

Roaming (incoming) within Maharashtra should be FREE.

Outgoing charges may be bit different but you can possibly take roaming pack as temporary workaround.

All India MNP is coming. Expected date is around Mar-May 2015. But well.. we all know due dates are never followed!