Changes xpected after June 30

• Thread starter Thread starter abdulrahman004
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,790
A

abdulrahman004

hi,I have been a user of bsnl dataone and thank god there are no problems till date. I get a decent 200kbps . Thats okAfter June 30 things are expected to change only if Reliance comes out with their connection. They have good plans but what i personally feel is it should have lowered tarrif of 256kbps connection to Rs800/monthThey are our only last hope or else Data one subscribers are going to hell after that 1gb download limit. They should come out with something xtraordinary after june 30 keeping in view the intersts of general public. One more thing is that when i try to check mu usage by clicking on irder service records (i.e.on the web page dataone) it takes hell of a time to open.. Is it a problem faced byt every body or is it just me????

Yes accessing Usage Details is very painful. Also their log does't match with mine. Usage Hours are different from my log and also IP Numbers are not what i have noted. I think BSNL is trying to master the art of manipulation. May be at the end of day we are left with accepting their manipulated (obviously inflated) OR get disconnected.

RIL wont launch before July as I heard from a Senior at RIL. I look forward to their product.

Originally posted by NarahariBabu@May 10 2005, 11:10 PM
Yes accessing Usage Details is very painful. Also their log does't match with mine. Usage Hours are different from my log and also IP Numbers are not what i have noted. I think BSNL is trying to master the art of manipulation. May be at the end of day we are left with accepting their manipulated (obviously inflated) OR get disconnected.
[snapback]9129[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is it so? I'd have to take a closer look 🙁

well they have let us taste blood... one can say safely that, if they stop free unlimited traffic many ppl are going to leave the same. what i cannot understand is that i all isp's the world over offer unlimited data transfer why cant out indian isp's. as bsnl must have seen, with it's unlimited (temp. though) offer.. they have succeeded in harnessing a huge number of subscribers... one can easily d/load 3gb on a dial-up in a month... one pays rs.550 for the monthly telephone rental (plan 499) and rs.210 to vsnl (@rs.7 per day plan)... workd out cheaper than the b/band plans... feedbacks requested 😛

only reason i can see is the international bandwidth which indian isp's buy are a bit costly at the moment india only has two international routs at the moment and pakistan has got just one and pakis are in talks with indian government to be able to buy a bit of our bandwidth uk has got 18 international cables and hence more availability cheaper prices we might be able to see this in india in future but for now its gonna stay like this for a few months plz correct me if i wrong 🙂

Ur combo of Dial Up 499 plus 210 for VSNL is a sureshot solution for unlimited d/l. But the speed is slwo and also repeated disconnections.BB has its limitations of d/l but the speed is sexy.Most users go for speed for convenience. Only some go for speedy d/l of material. So the idea is force these ppl to dole out larger payments for this benefit tken by them or ask them to go for Dial up Plus VSNL ( unlimited ) combo which is slow.The industry is in its nascent stage and costs overall are high. Soon they will settle down.........prices may not come down much though permission for d/l will increase from 1 Gb.

Originally posted by parminder@May 11 2005, 08:37 AM
only reason i can see is the international bandwidth which indian isp's buy  are a bit costly at the moment  india only has two international routs at the moment  and pakistan has got just one and pakis are in talks with indian government to be able to buy a bit of our bandwidth
uk has got 18 international cables and hence more availability cheaper prices  we might be able to see this in india in future but for now its gonna stay like this for a few months
plz correct me if i wrong 🙂
[snapback]9152[/snapback]
[/quote]

parminder, i had a talk with the sysadmin of vsnl (no way i can prove the same) who has been with vsnl nearly since inception in 1995. well according to him, nearly 80% of the purchased bandwidth per month is unutilised (therefore the pakis can easily buy not just some, but quite a bit of our bandwidth). i accept that prices of uk are cheaper, but so much of a difference (rs.13,000 for 4mbps calculating on the rs.3300 for 1mb offered by bsnl opposed to rs.2750 for 4mbps being offered in uk... $12 for 500kbps currently being offered in china, translated into indian rupees is not bad too)... just my ho

p.s.: anyone tried uploading through `dcc' with a `bsnl' connection??? i am the sop of a leading p2p group and a !ping command never gets a response!

Originally posted by ways2gain@May 11 2005, 08:39 AM
Ur combo of Dial Up 499 plus 210 for VSNL is a sureshot solution for unlimited d/l. But the speed is slwo and also repeated disconnections.
BB has its limitations of d/l but the speed is sexy.
Most users go for speed for convenience. Only some go for speedy d/l of material.    So the idea is force these ppl to dole out larger payments for this benefit tken by them or ask them to go for Dial up Plus VSNL ( unlimited ) combo which is slow.
The industry is in its nascent stage and costs overall are high.  Soon they will settle down.........prices may not come down much though permission for d/l will increase from 1 Gb.
[snapback]9153[/snapback]
[/quote]

sigh... i never get disconnected except once every 24 hours when they dump their backups. bb is sexy but might be `sweet and short' (after the june deadline it seems). just post a `poll' in this forum and i guarantee that 90%+ will reply that they're using their `bb' for max d/load (same trend world-wide). `vsnl' is here since 1995 so i shall not call it nascent... `bb' could not be pushed through earlier because of the monopoly enjoyed by 1 `isp' which ended early in 1995... if `bsnl' sticks with it rates, it may well stand to kill the entire competition... 😉

Originally posted by parminder@May 11 2005, 01:17 PM
well if thats the case have a good fight aswell 🙂
[snapback]9169[/snapback]
[/quote]

hello parminder, it's lack of competition, many ignorant customers too. as far as satyam is concerned, well i am helpless since i had purchased a 100hours/1 years account and as promised by them, got an additional 100 hours free... 😀

Why not wait for a few months and silently watch the game to go on ? There will be a definite slash in rental or increase in download limit. As for the service records manipulation mentioned by one of the members here, he just might have shared his login info with some friend, who might have been using the service !!

rightly sais, but i do tend to keep in close touch with ppl like `baidyanath chatterjee' sysadmin `vsnl', (hmmm did i help them to find a particular piece of code way back in 1996) and `prashant parekh' of satyam and try to keep myself up with the news... forget the name of the `sysadmin' of `bsnl'... he is a nice guy tho... 🙂~

Yea, we want some people on this forum who can monitor the actions of bodies like VSNL/BSNL/Sify/etc. They try to keep us informed about the current affairs and are welcome. Fun : Aren't they like DUMeter monitoring our internet usage ??

Originally posted by agnivo007@May 17 2005, 08:26 AM
Yea, we want some people on this forum who can monitor the actions of bodies like VSNL/BSNL/Sify/etc. They try to keep us informed about the current affairs and are welcome. Fun : Aren't they like DUMeter monitoring our internet usage ??
[snapback]9495[/snapback]
[/quote]

and pray, how can i monitor yr internet usage? :huh: