Change the Game Ad - Does it mean discontinue Cricket?

• Thread starter Thread starter mreccentric
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,013

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
Here's the new Pepsi ad - Change the Game, which features Ranbir Kapoor. In the Ad Ranbir Kapoor encourages a Kid to play Cricket. But at the end, Ranbir tries playing Football. I'll not say much about the ad here, view it and know more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4md-GcQcyE

Was this ad intended to make people shift from Cricket? Because the line 'Change the Game' seems suggest people to change the game they support, from Cricket. Because that's what the trend has become. What's your opinion about the Ad?

This ad was filmed recently, and coincided with our cricketers getting ****ed and our hockey players earning a well deserved entry into the Olympics. Just playing by popular sentiment. If India are thrown out of the Asia Cup, the ad will continue, else it will disappear. These guys don't give a shit which game it is, as long as someone buys their bottle.

Change the Game Ad - Does it mean discontinue Cricket?
No, it means that some machines aren't working properly and if the bottle does not come out then you should hit a football to the machine or else you may not get the bottle!

Agantuk is right. A similar thing happened after World Cup 2007 debacle.....they showed kids going to tailors to get their kits stitched, trying to show that the kids played better than the team. And then when the team started performing, all that was forgotten.

Hypocrites...

International Cricket Council - The ICC - About The Organisation - Commercial Partners

PepsiCo is proud to continue to be the official beverage and snack partner of the ICC. As part of PepsiCo's passionate commitment to growing the popularity of the sport, the partnership between PepsiCo and the ICC will enable billions of cricket enthusiasts and casual fans to connect with the game. We're delighted to join the ICC in the development and execution of exciting events and grassroots programs, supported by innovative and entertaining advertising and marketing campaigns to embrace consumers worldwide.

Someone put the words in the ears of Sharad Pawar that this ad is going against the understanding between ICC & Pepsi. I m sure not only will he force Pepsi to pull back the ad, but also eat a sizeable amount of money and not even burp!

heh. they would be back with cricket related ads in a matter of months. west bengal is not a big enough market to target with national ads 😀

So someone please ask Mr. Executive Vice President, as to what implies from the ad that they are airing!

I remember Raju Shrivastva's joke on is TV show during France Worldcup. He said kids watch Soccer matches on TV holding bats in hand, and once matches are over they go out to play Cricket.Now kids would be watchning this ad, holding bats, drinking Pepsi (or Coke) and go out to play Cricket.Cricket is irreplaceble in India (and Pak/SL) 😀