Change Nokia Router/ONT to bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter C3PO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 90,017
Offtopic
It is a shame that most Indian ISP's use PPPoE and pfSense/FreeBSD is unable to take full benefit due to this bug. Thankfully my ACT connection is using DHCP rather than PPPoE, so it is not affected.

There goes my workflow with No-IP. It's not possible to use Dynamic DNS with CG NAT. Is there any other alternative?

Nokia's GPON technology is best of all.. isps makes deed with supplier to provide carrier locked onts .. like earlier airtel used to have Huawei onts locked.. but it was easy to unlock those huawei onts but nokia no.. now mostly nokia onts comes with web gui locked only via command u can do

official Nokia channel onts starts for 2000+ / tax xtra .. how much they are charging u..

I also received G-140W-F with my new connection. Technician was very helpful and tried to configure it in Bridge mode. But it is not working as even they are not sure how to do it. I asked them to give me G-010G-Q and he agreed to replace existing ONT.

Last edited:
Finally received Nokia G-010G-Q bridge ONT and it is working fine.

20201007_175315.webp

No VOIP ( this ONT does not have any POTS port) support as per technician, may be with VLANs (along with PPPoE ethernet interface) it can support. I don't need VOIP so not bothered about it. TSBB backend NOC team took 3 hours to enable this device. Even technician was frustrated with them.

For PPPOE login, what will be the username/password in bridge mode? I am able to set the Nokia G140-C to bridge mode but don’t know what to fill in my router for PPPOE login.

PPPOE login you get via SMS on your registered number. Not sure if we can change it. Need to check with customer care atleast no option to change in web portal or App.