• Thread starter C3PO
  • Start date
  • Replies 93
  • Views 64,945
R

rajil.s

ISP
BSNL
@C3PO Is there any limitation of IPv6 which you have come across. I guess pfsense has no problem using it.

C

C3PO

ISP
You Broadband
@rajil.s I have always been getting IPV4 CG NAT address, that's how the original Nokia router was configured so I have configured my pfSense box for IPV4. V6 adds complications unless it is implemented properly by the ISP. That said, pfSense has no issues being configured for V6.

R

rajil.s

ISP
BSNL
@C3PO do you know whether the ipv6 address is public routable.
My previous ISP used to use /60 prefix for ipv6 subnet and thus I was able to expose my server outside. I am guessing Tata Sky is doing only /64.

C

C3PO

ISP
You Broadband
@rajil.s I am not sure if TSBB has implemented IPV6 because I have not seen it in my city yet. I think you should contact their customer care and ask for details.

R

rajil.s

ISP
BSNL
In bangalore they are offering ipv6, that is what the local contact told me. Here is the plan,

8YFpY4l.jpg

8YFpY4l.jpg

C

C3PO

ISP
You Broadband
@rajil.s plans vary from city to city. As I said before please check what is applicable (or not) for your home city Lucknow. Talk directly to them to get the info.

R

rajil.s

ISP
BSNL
@C3PO thanks i am in discussion with my local contact.

For the dumb ONT you mentioned previously, is there webinterface for it and would be great if you can post its Wan setting screenshot.

I wonder if there is a manual for it.

C

C3PO

ISP
You Broadband
@rajil.s according to the instructions the default interface is at 192.168.1.254. You will need to disconnect it from the router and connect it to your PC/laptop with a manually assigned IP and subnet mask.