Chandni Chowk to China

mammu

Regulars
ISP
BSNL 2 Mbps
Shekar Suman slams Chandni Chowk to China and Akshay Kumar

Shekhar Suman watched Nikhil Advani's Chandni Chowk To China starring Akshay Kumar and Deepika Padukone on Friday and came away fuming.

Speaking from the sets of Sony's Comedy Circus Shekhar says, "It will go down as the worst film ever made in Indian history. What an utter waste of Rs 400 that I spent on my ticket.

I want a refund of all Akshay films that I've seen. The film is not just disappointing and amateurish but offends one's sensibility as well. I don't think there has been a film as sad or horrible as CC2C this far!

I declare January 16 (the day the film released) to be declared National Mourning in India, as it's the day cinema died."

Shekhar adds that it was the first time that he saw a multiplex audience boo a film. "I watched it at Cinemax's Red Lounge and everyone was hooting and jeering. I am upset with Akshay for doing such a film. He's lost it after seeing success.

Akshay was better when he wasn't in the race now his brains have turned topsy-turvy. I think Shah Rukh must be having the last laugh Akshay said somewhere that SRK's not in the race but he (Akki) is already at the finishing line."

Suman continues, "Singh Is Kinng was illogical too, but it was at least entertaining. CC2C makes David Dhawan look like Satyajit Ray.

The film has been shot so amateurishly like a child with a handycam that too banally. I tried to find moments which I could like action, romance, music but couldn't!

I have seen Akshay grow as an actor but he's terrible in the film. It's like winning the jackpot, losing it and starting from scratch again."

When told that Warner Brothers want to make a sequel to CC2C, Shekhar says, "I will migrate from this country if they do! It's blasphemy to make a sequel.

I am sure that the Warner Brothers execs are fighting amongst themselves wondering why they made such a film. I guess Nikhil and Akshay were too involved in the film and lost focus."

Shekhar says he wouldn't know how to face the actor after this film, "I wouldn't know whether to lambast him or run away in embarrassment. Akshay owes India a national apology.

From a non-actor, he became such a good one. I had loved him in Namastey London. To give the devil his due, his comic timing in all his earlier films were fantastic, considering comedy is so difficult to do.

CC2C is the last film one expected from him!"

Shekar Suman slams Chandni Chowk to China and Akshay Kumar

LOL @ Akshay owes India a national apologyNow actually this review tempts me to see the movie, if its really so so so so bad!

lolz why is shekhar suman blaberring so much when it is just yet another stupid film to the list of bollywood. Who was expecting anything good from this anyways ? Not me ! Its shekhar's fault to have such high hopes from akshay's film.

Before speaking.. Shekhar suman should aplogy to indian public who heard his songs.. and got headache.. Who is he to give feedback abt Akshaya's movies..

LOL @ Akshay owes India a national apology

Now actually this review tempts me to see the movie, if its really so so so so bad!
hehe yeah! damn hat reminds me, i forgot to watch deshdrohi! :O

Before speaking.. Shekhar suman should aplogy to indian public who heard his songs.. and got headache..

Who is he to give feedback abt Akshaya's movies..
:rofl: :rofl:

Yup lol Shekhar Suman didn't comment on Deshdrohi.😛Where was he when Akki gave hit after hit in last yr?He is trying to give his surname a publicity because his son is getting launched.😉

Oh his son is getting launched? I didnt know that .. huh..

Its true, what is Shekar Suman's credibility (except judging laughter shows) to comment on Akshay Kumar's (or anybody's) movie. Everybody knows how his own movies fared.BTW CC2C was bad movie, but some scenes were good (I think) like fight scenes and the 1 where Akshay dances on different songs 😉

Shekhar Suman's son is getting launched in upcoming movie Raaz 2.I only found his movie Anubhav intresting.:hysterical:

Shekhar Suman only has dekh bhai dekh to his credit. maybe movers and shakers. apart from that he has been terrible.

Source

Last edited:
Yes, Dekh Bhai Dekh (which ppl still remember as if it was just yesterday) and Movers and Shakers made him so popular that he is still cashing that fame.

He is mostly knows for his mimic of Vajpayee .. and then somewhat in Laughter challenge 1.. after that .. the rest of series was boring..

Akshay was better when he wasn't in the race now his brains have turned topsy-turvy. I think Shah Rukh must be having the last laugh Akshay said somewhere that SRK's not in the race but he (Akki) is already at the finishing line."😗:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

akshay probably saw that srk was doing shitty movies and still made tons of money and became a superstar.he started doing the same. making tons of money and pretty big star now.i think he paid the maximum as income tax last year from the film industry.

Source

Last edited: