Champions League T20 could move to South Africa

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,076
Would love to see CL T20 in Australia!

Unfortunately, the time factor will not allow that to happen, the viewership/money etc is dependent on India & it needs to be on prime time. England would have been an option if they were one of the owning boards of the Champions League, but they aren't, its Ind-Aus-SA only

No Ajit Agarkar ? 😀

Champions League Twenty20 2012: CLT20 from October 9-28, fourth IPL team gets direct entry | Cricket News | Champions League T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

The Champions League 2012 will be held between October 9 and 28 this year in South Africa and will be preceded by a six-team qualifying stage, as was held last year. However, unlike last year, all four IPL teams have got direct entry to the main tournament. The six teams to play in the qualifying stage are Pakistan's Sialkot Stallions, New Zealand's Auckland Aces, Trinidad and Tobago from West Indies, one team from Sri Lanka and two from England.

The top two teams from the qualifiers will join eight others in the main round, according to a tweet by Sundar Raman, a member of the CLT20 technical committee.

Four IPL teams in the CLT20 is ridiculous. Last year, they gave a backdoor entry to KKR but at least they played the qualifiers. This year MI is getting to play directly in the CLT20.In my opinion, the top 2 teams from IPL, BBL and SA should automatically qualify. The last 2 qualifiers in IPL, top team from SPL, BPL, PAK, ENG, NZ, WI can play a qualifying stage and the top 4 will qualify for the CLT20.

They dont want IP-L teams to go out quickly. Remember the 1st year when interest was lackluster, partially because I-PL teams were out early. Hence its pure business needs, nothing else. If it requires in future, they will have 9 teams of IP-L in the CLT20, and have one qualifying team among the remaining teams.Offtopic: Err... I really hope Admin fixes the title soon 😕