Certain Queries

googoo_geegee

ISP
sify
I just Applied for the connection my plan is dsl nu .I want to know during installation what do they install a router modem do they charge extra for a wireless router ????Should I buy a modem or a router or a wireless router instead of getting the modem/router given by mtnl ?? If yes which one plz sepcify. If no which router/modem supplied by them should i ask for. What is better a modem or router or wireless router ? And I have a onboard lan card . Whats the thing about upgrading to 2mbps connection?? Do they cap speeds after certain amount of downloads in Gbs ?? Is there anything like lan cause people share and connect using DC++ or message using IP messenger or some other software to connect to other ppl ?? PLz reply them cause I am a lamo searched for related topics coudnt find ne. 🙁 sorry for the inconvenience for askin the questions again.

...And another 849NU thread (dat makes it 8)

yaa....well - wireless router is for having internet wirelessly - for lappy basically... definately not better than wired one..u can buy ur own modem - depends on u - whether u're ok with payin monthly rental in addition to security.... i prefer Netgear always...no speed caps in MTNL...no special things needed to use DC++ etc