Censorship in TV Channels

ISP
BSNL Fiber 750GB
Its becoming ridiculous nowadays and they have started even blurring out the stupid blood scene. I really dont understand what censorship thinks. WE clearly have a rated movies , and each time a movie / programme is telecasted , before it starts , they show what the RATING is . The onus falls on the Viewers whether to skip or watch the movie. Its upto parents to restrict what their kids needs to watch or what they shouldnt.
The censorship is getting stupid each day , its as if they are pushing many adult viewers , to either buy a blur-ray / dvd or pirate stuff.
Watching "Beach" now on MovieNow , and they blurred a stupid scene which JUST showed blood.
-These yesteryear "think-tanks" needs to realize today ,a teen can get whatever they want through various means. Its not that government shouldnt have a role in it , but thats exactly why we have a rating system , which rates a movie or show depending on the content. Its should be left to whoever watches / allows others to watch to decide whether its suitable or not.
With Massive push towards DTH , i think we now have even more control. Each STB can have a option to choose ,what is the least rating movie/show to be shown and it can locked with password, just like how certain channels can be child locked. This way parents can have better control , if they choose to , and leave adult viewers the choice of movies they can watch.
Craps like these are another reason people seek other source of content , where it is uncensored.

This is the reason why I have not owned a Television or a DTH connection for 2.5 years now. Quite happy.

If its not for my mom , who watches certain programme , i would have thrown all the DTH and cable out a long time back. I am fed with the sh$t and its seems i cant watch a movie with one complete sentence which isnt censored.
I really dont know what kind of era these censorship guys are living in.

chromaniac said:
This is the reason why I have not owned a Television or a DTH connection for 2.5 years now. Quite happy.
I too for the same reason have completely stopped watching T.V. since last 2 years. Only reason tv and an active DTH connection is there coz of my wife

We have three television sets in this house. 2 Videocon and 1 Dish TV connections. Every time I go upstairs and see what is running on any of these three televisions, I facepalm and come back down to my safe haven 😀

Till 1996 star movies used to show totally uncensored movies with ratings beside the logo. after that bit by bit censorship has totally destroyed the viewing experience
like in abroad channels premium cable channels which are unbound with tv censorship regulations like showtime, hbo we too should have similar like those on STB's. but i don't think it would ever come atleast in our lifetimes 😀

We all have to thank a certain lady named Pratibha Naithani for protecting our minds from getting corrupted by watching nudity and / or violence on tv. She is the self-appointed keeper of our morals! :sarcastic:
She is best known for her Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed in the Bombay High Court against the broadcast of all Adult films and programmes on cable television. Due to her efforts, even the international channels had to adhere to the programming code of India.Since the law provides that no Adult content can be shown on television 24 hours, the Bombay High Court passed various orders in her PIL. Though she has been given the title of moral police, it is actually legal policing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratibha_Naitthani
http://precogssnickers.blogspot.in/2006/03/ms-pratibha-naithani-and-forum-against.html
This lady single-handedly ruined watching english content on tv.

Some movie channels have gone beyond censorship. They have started cutting movies according to whatever suits them so they can insert more ads. This happens especially with Hindi ones. Soldier movie was shown twice both times without any song. Sarfarosh movie was cut brutually. All the songs and huge number of scenes - all trimmed. Baazigar on DD national was reduced to a mere 1 hour 30 minutes with some ads thrown here and there. Important portions missing
Ab piracy na kare toh kya kare? You censor english movies because they are explicit according to you. You censor hindi movies because you think they are too long and that space can be better utilised with ads. You show us retarded Indian shows with zero sense and logic.
What to watch then?

Well its not about stopping any body, its about ones choice, adult content should be a matter of choice, some sawant or sheravat, kiling or rape scene should not enter my bedroom without me choosing the same.
https://www.facebook.com/Pratibhanaithani/info
I am guessing there is no internet access allowed in her home as well.
Pratiba Naitthani is an Indian professor She is best known for her Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed in the Bombay High Court against the broadcast of all Adult films and programs. My whole effort is to make media safe for children and to get the law of the land implemented. The law says no Adult content on TV because we need to be sensitive to the sensibility of all the viewers including children.