CCleaner Updates (Now owned by Avast)

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,588

Suraj

Regular
CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to run) and Free.

Cleans the following:

Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
Recently opened URLs and files.
Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner.html

This is one proggy i don't mind updating, its small in size and does the job real quick.

they release a new version every other day... it was born at neowin.net. using it since the first ever version.

yea......and i would like it to remain a freeware, although eventually it will go the other way.

very unlikely. it is being deveoped by an individual. have you heard abt autopatcher? its free as well. originated from neowin again.

quite so... better than waitin for the next service pack.

Is it worth downloading/using?
How many of you really benefited with this software?
Is it a freeware?

Seriously, this app sometime makes me happy. Whenever i am stuck at uninstalling some software, it just take a single click and crap is gone ! This is second thing i download everytime i format my hard-drive or reinstall windows ! Well the first one is Google Chrome !