Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) News & Updates

Navjot Singh said:
If you are talking about the co-scholastic areas, they are just grades and some schools mark the grade according to their own will because many schools don't have the facilities. And moreover they are just grades and as of now hold no importance. There is no 60% clause as such and neither those grades are clubbed with the main result.
I don't have a clear source but that's all I got to know from a friends brother who is studying in cbse affiliated school.

Ohkay. Well my mom is a teacher so I get to hear all the rants about CBSE and its implementation of the grading system and what all issues they are facing. CBSE should seriously go back to the curriculum and examination systems that were set in 1986. As of now, CBSE has got zero clue of what they are doing. For past 5-6 years, they have been making changes in curriculum and examination and thereby disrupting the pattern. Neither the teachers nor the students have been able to adapt to it. Best part is the grading scheme which they introduced. Its totally illogical and its only aim is to make students pass without any effort whatsoever.

CBSE issues bizarre exam dress code to curb cheating - The Times of India

Candidates of the repeat All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) to be held on July 25 have been barred from wearing anything except a half-sleeve t-shirt or kurta, trousers and flip-flops. Even religious charms and 'magic' amulets can't be worn.

Examinees would be checked for just about every accessory: from nose rings and ear-rings to bracelets, chains, necklaces, brooches and pendants - each of these would be removed if found person. Worse, they can't even wear shoes, leave aside clothing with large buttons and badges. So too are belts, a vital accessory for some men, as well as scarves and caps of all kinds.

Of all the accoutrements proscribed, the bar on lucky charms may prove hugely controversial.

Even the garments have to be "light-coloured". The 'dressing down' seems draconian but the board believes these unprecedented steps are necessary to thwart the menace of unfair practices at exams.

if it is already available online, i would like to check it out to see what format they have released it in!