NDTV

heh. i think the metronation delhi is already running in major losses and they are cutting back on live programming to around 10-14 hours... local channels in english language are just not doing well enough.

Now all have to watch one more news channel to filter out the truth; it will still be elusive. My guess is, it will not survive for long.

well the time i have spent watching metronation delhi has been the time i wasted in my life. they have some localized news but most shows are based on the niche category like food fashion and other stuff.

Good to hear that , Since almost all channels in TN are aligned with one party or another it will be nice to have a neutral source of news. Is there a metronation for Mumbai, calcutta and so on?

i think they only have a delhi channel for now. not sure though.

currently they have only metronation delhi..... metronation chennai launches in april.... nd metronation mumbai is to be launched in d later part of this year... nothin yet heard abt kolkata though....@admin: m xcited abt diz channel...as m a north indian who has been transfeered to chennai for work reasons....nd i dont understand tamil news channels as i don kno tamil.... so its a blessing in disguise for all d ppl who don kno tamil but live in chennai...it ll halp updatin ur info regardin our namma chennai !! :thumb:

the latest rumor i heard is that the delhi channel is going to be closed down soon. 😛

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

does not sound likely but it surely is turning out to be a loss making venture for the company.

And they are running those channels as Pay Channels!!! Amazing. No strategies! Let people get used to of it and then take money! Its a new channel, not running in profit and still tries to recover money by asking us to pay Rs. 40 for (4 NDTV channels). Just a bad business practice.😡

MUMBAI: The recession may have sucked profitability out of NDTV Ltd, but it has not stopped the Prannoy Roy-promoted company to go ahead with the launch of MetroNation Chennai with The Hindu Group as a joint venture partner.

The channel will, after much delay, finally launch on 16 May. Says NDTV MetroNation CEO Rajiv Lulla, “MetroNation Chennai had a soft launch on 5 May. We will officially launch the channel on 16 May.”

NDTV has signed up with several multi-system operators (MSOs) including SCV and Hathway Cable & Datacom to distribute the channel. Says Lulla, “We are in talks to make the channel available on Sun Direct and Tata Sky as well.”

Indiantelevision.com > News Room Headlines > NDTV to launch MetroNation Chennai on 16 May

Currently the SCV cable is providing this channel for the STB customers .........

It looks to be a decent channel........it is connected towards chennai..........

Tomorrow chennai ndtv launches:dance:so be ready to watch chennaities on miniscreen:dance😛ress red button on ndtv:dance:

Launching of the channel is a good news for Chennaites. :dance: But watching it on miniscreen would be painful. 😢