Cband feed of Kalignar channels.. can it be matched in TS?

• Thread starter Thread starter DHONl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 9,683
Again DHONI banned. Why?😱

This is my experience : I am using TS+ (previously TS for 2 years) in mumbai. In my parental house in Hyderabad, we are using Hathway Digital Cable. The quality of TS+ is better than TS. The quality of Hathway Digital at my home is as good as TS+. But TS+ with bandridge component cables (899/- for video and 599/- for audio, which recently I purchased) is much superior to all above and airtel (my neighbour is having airtel). As both the STBs of airtel and Hathway digital donot have component outs, they cannot beat TS+ now.

Connect ur Tata Sky with ur system using TV tuner card. then u can easily take the Screen Shot, i think. :ashamed:

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I hate my Cable TV operator, i pray to God that, any disaster come to my area and it let all the cable who belongs to cable tv operator have to burn. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
I dont have a system nor a tuner card so hence forget about it..........😀

@Kalyan_1980
[FONT=&quot]In digital cable there is no loss of quality while the video is being broadcast. In both DTH and Digital cable there will be signal loss during transmission; it is not something unique to cable. But this does not affect the quality of the video that we see. This is because in digital video broadcasts a certain amount of error correction data is broadcasted along with the video data. Your set top box will use whatever video data and error correction data that it receives to recreate the original video exactly as it was originally broadcasted. Of course this works only up to a certain threshold limit. If the signal loss exceeds this limit you will stop receiving the video completely, at best you will get some completely garbled up video. This is what happens to a DTH during the rains. This also means that digital broadcast is simply not possible through really poor quality cable. In digital video broadcasts there is no need to worry about getting low quality video because of transmission loss, either you get to see the video exactly as it was broadcast or you don’t see anything. So if the video broadcast by your digital cable provider or your DTH provider is good you will get good quality video[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In digital cable there is no loss of quality while the video is being broadcast. In both DTH and Digital cable there will be signal loss during transmission; it is not something unique to cable. But this does not affect the quality of the video that we see. This is because in digital video broadcasts a certain amount of error correction data is broadcasted along with the video data. Your set top box will use whatever video data and error correction data that it receives to recreate the original video exactly as it was originally broadcasted. Of course this works only up to a certain threshold limit. If the signal loss exceeds this limit you will stop receiving the video completely, at best you will get some completely garbled up video. This is what happens to a DTH during the rains. This also means that digital broadcast is simply not possible through really poor quality cable. In digital video broadcasts there is no need to worry about getting low quality video because of transmission loss, either you get to see the video exactly as it was broadcast or you don’t see anything. So if the video broadcast by your digital cable provider or your DTH provider is good you will get good quality video[/FONT]
I completely agree with you about the signal quality and its results on reception. But Video quality also depends on bandwidth with which each channel is broadcasted. The operators tend to provide some channels with more bandwidth, so this channels are in more good quality. Also operators vary bandwidth of channels depending upon program being broadcasted, like for sports, movies, songs or for some popular program.
The topic of thread is about the video quality of various channels. I believe as fair policy every operator must allocate required bandwidth for every channel on their platform.

The topic of thread is about the video quality of various channels.

The topic is not that.It is" Can C band feed me matched by TS". and in one word the Answer is NO. It can be any channel, Kalaignar or whatever.

Now we have been arguing is "Is TS feed the best among DTH/Cable/IPTV" there the argument has got somewhat twisted and biases have crept in favour of TS.

I have argued my points and am ready to listen to others, but people who have not been listening to others and just going beating about there views have been restricted from posting for the time being.

I hope I am not the next one in Line to be banned 😉

The topic is not that.It is" Can C band feed me matched by TS". and in one word the Answer is NO. It can be any channel, Kalaignar or whatever.

Now we have been arguing is "Is TS feed the best among DTH/Cable/IPTV" there the argument has got somewhat twisted and biases have crept in favour of TS.
Yes you are right. I was just mentioning that operator has control over Video quality being provided on their channels. Now its upto operator to apply quality on each channel (good or bad). And as my experience, I never seen poor video quality on Tata Sky (atleast on channels which I watched)

I have argued my points and am ready to listen to others, but people who have not been listening to others and just going beating about there views have been restricted from posting for the time being.

I hope I am not the next one in Line to be banned 😉

Me banned? :rofl: I myself restraining from posting because I am I sure how you all learn and accept things. So why waste time for it? If you are a kind of person who can listen then go and read some basics before coming to argue.
Still you haven't replied about 'optic fiber'.

I could have simply pressed Report button for your arrogant post but I am again restraining.

See my signature.

Cable TV oprators are lag in Booster, they connect more TVs in a single booster, so most of the TV not getting channel properly. But in DTH, every individual house has STB so all are get Cristal Clear Picture. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: