Cband feed of Kalignar channels.. can it be matched in TS?

• Thread starter Thread starter DHONl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 9,682
You check 'manada mayilada'; I think the pics given are from that programme.

Till now I was under the impression that the comparison is between different DTHs. You are now throwing a spanner implying that TS DTH is better than CAS.

CAS is also coming in digital mode and thats the reason i have compared that with TS.........😀

@ ajuraviwill this digital cable affect the growth of dth:huh:

@ ajuravi
will this digital cable affect the growth of dth:huh:
No; both can co-exist. Cable can offer more channels - a good cable company can offer upto 1000 channels without much hassle. Till then it is not a serious threat to DTH.

@ ajuravi
will this digital cable affect the growth of dth:huh:

I have got both Digital Cable and TS............in my opinion DTH has got much better features that Digital Cable offered by our cable oeprator......the only advantage of Digital cable is that the cable operator is can add as many channels as they want but the key thing is in metros Rs. 6 charged per pay channel..........:thumb:

@AjuraviSource cannot be better than Target. Please understand that TS also gets the same feed which you get on Digital Cable and TS recompress it and sends it back to the satellite. Then how can in this world you get better picture from TS for that channels than in Digital Cable?@TechenthuNo comments. I am not going to through a spanner or screw driver here.Eshawaro Rathchathu.My friend already told me not to waste my bandwidth here. I thought I can make them understand but I failed. Only SVK has understood and accepted it.

@DhoniIn cable TV the loss of signal is more when compare to DTH. Because in DTH we downlink the signal directly from Satellite and feeds to a single wire to TV. But in cable eventhough it is Digital, this signal may pass over many cable with more joints. So loss is high.😡Only DTH give the best clarity. :dance::dance::dance:I had cable, these guys are cheating us and get money. 😡

@Dhoni
In cable TV the loss of signal is more when compare to DTH. Because in DTH we downlink the signal directly from Satellite and feeds to a single wire to TV.
But in cable eventhough it is Digital, this signal may pass over many cable with more joints. So loss is high.😡
Only DTH give the best clarity. :dance::dance::dance:

I had cable, these guys are cheating us and get money. 😡

I am still persisting with my local cable along with TS and as you said the loss of signal is very high in cable and i totally agree with your statement.......

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

@Ajuravi
Source cannot be better than Target. Please understand that TS also gets the same feed which you get on Digital Cable and TS recompress it and sends it back to the satellite. Then how can in this world you get better picture from TS for that channels than in Digital Cable?

@Techenthu
No comments. I am not going to through a spanner or screw driver here.Eshawaro Rathchathu.

My friend already told me not to waste my bandwidth here. I thought I can make them understand but I failed. Only SVK has understood and accepted it.

My friend i dont know how to tell you but in normal eyes when i compare the Digital Cable pciture Quality with my TS i feel that TS picture quality is slightly better than my digital cable..........

@Ajuravi
Source cannot be better than Target. Please understand that TS also gets the same feed which you get on Digital Cable and TS recompress it and sends it back to the satellite. Then how can in this world you get better picture from TS for that channels than in Digital Cable?

I agree with you that Source is better than target and TS does compress the original C band Feed to put in the ku band feed. BUT as already mentioned by others that in digital transmission length of the cable is very important. you actually have to be a tech enthu to understand this. analog cable cannot compete with digital platforms. Now comparing Digital over cable. the length of the cable determines the loss of quality. If you would do some research over HDMI cables you will get to know that HDMI is not a preferred option after a certain length within the same room. Best HDMI cables are of 0.9m or 3 feet only. Why will HDMI restrict its length if there was no loss?? So TS beats a better feed by minimizing the losses. Now TS+ gives the digital feed in digital quality through its component out feature, which I believe Hathway etc. are not providing. So naturally the TS + feed will be better than the Digital Cable feed. It is not the Same C band which you are getting from the source. For that you should have a c band stb and watch only that particular channel with a c band 3' dish

@Kalyan, Ajuravi, KumararvindYou all mean that we will get poor quality picture in digital cable because of cable length?

Not only cable length, more reason for poor video in cable.😡Even if we forget the clarity and go for cable, another disaster is, power failure. Most of the time, power went off in cable. My friend has STB in his house, he says, always STB says No signal. 😡

@Kalyan, Ajuravi, Kumararvind
You all mean that we will get poor quality picture in digital cable because of cable length?
To be honest with you i cant say why TS or DTH picture quality is better than Digital Cable but as far i am concerned the picture quality of DTH is just slightly ahead of DTH.........

Say for eg: if DTH pciture quality is 100% he digital cable pciture will match with 90-95% of the quality.........

Off topic: I thought of dumping TS and opting for digital cable. But my cable operator is not aware that he can distribute STBs 😡 so, i dont have that option too. After reading all these (poor vid quality,power failure etc), i have lost interest in escalating the matter to higher officials and I'm consoling myself now 😀

@Kalyan, Ajuravi, Kumararvind
You all mean that we will get poor quality picture in digital cable because of cable length?

Not only cable length, but the quality of cable used. The cable being used in India is a coaxial cable-same as normal cable but to transmit digital over cable you need high quality fibre optic cables, the ones used by isps till the nearest pillar to your house. Internationally the fibre optic cable comes to your house, but then it costs a bomb too. People like you and me will never accept the price point at which digital cable will be delivered at the right quality, so I don't see that happening for another 10 years in India.

Till then keep comparing the pictures 🙂