• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,306

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
Hey!I was wondering if i could use a cat5 splitter to split the cable sify has installed and then plug it in two ethernet cards.each configured for a different ip. login using easysify in 1 and official client from the other. (different username and passwords..i.e. using 2 packs simultaneously)where to buy the cat5 splitter.any ideas. and do you think it will work?thanks for the input

Seems people r getting new ideas....

lol I remember doing this with my tv. a cable connection and cut that cable and split for using 2 tv in two rooms which worked very fine! 😛

I still do it for my TV 😛 The incable internet wire being used in 2tvs and the picture is absolutely clear coz its a direct connection 🙂

IS there a way to boost cable tv signal......all my channels from 60-90 are not viewable

you can buy a signal booster..should be easily available..

You could try with a shop that deals with networks & cabling. Otherwise use a hub.

Umm I dont wanna pay for another cable (rs.1500) so if i use a hub can i split the ethernet cable into 2? like 1 ethernet cable (which sify installed) going into the hub and 2 seperate ehternet cables coming out of it plugging into the lan cards?would it work if i set up 2 different ip's in the cards and try to connect?

Just talked to my dealer..he'll be getting the Cat5 splitter today or tomorrow..will buy another sify pack 256kbps and ask them for another IP (10.*.*.* one).Will use both together 🙂should go upto 145kBps 🙂

Originally posted by muttster`@Aug 23 2005, 03:03 PM
Just talked to my dealer..he'll be getting the Cat5 splitter today or tomorrow..will buy another sify pack 256kbps and ask them for another IP (10.*.*.* one).Will use both together 🙂
should go upto 145kBps 🙂
[snapback]22846[/snapback]
[/quote]

how much does the cat5 splitter cost

It should work... but why are you buying a hub for that? If u are ready to pay sify for a new 256 pack with new ip ,, i think u need not shy away with them, rather tell them(CTO) to put a hub in your house instead.. if you are in good terms with cto and pay him the maintainance charges. He should ideally help you.The bottom line is that you are using to sify connections in 1 pc with 2 lan cards.

I dont think i have a CTO..but i'll ask the marketing guy.Im buying the Cat5 Splitter myself. its much faster if i do everything myself.700bux or so.dat way i could just buy a pack on the net and get the ip and all over the phone.. much faster process...hehyes 1 lan cable split into 2 lan cables plugged into 2 ethernet cards on 1 pc.

But i think you will have to call your cto to give yr ip number so that he can add it to his list on his server(gateway) 😱 not sure...

yes.i will buy from him only....so dat he gives a new internal IP....

sify isnt bad for me. i quite like it.hopefully they will introduce some fully unlimited packages and it'll be awesome.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Connection is:: 246 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)
Download Speed is:: 30 kB/s
Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)
Test Time:: Tue Aug 23 2005 16:07:35 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB download in 34.13 sec
Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 115.79 % faster than the average for host (sify.net)
Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-B3YF00LN1

Originally posted by NeO@Aug 23 2005, 03:14 PM
how much does the cat5 splitter cost
[snapback]22848[/snapback]
[/quote]

D-Link one is around Rs.750..unbranded for like Rs.500..dunno lets see when i get it will post exact amount...