Cast Kodi to Chromecast

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 10390
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,949
D

Deleted member 10390

Partly off topic, but,

1. How can I use Kodi on Chromecast and stream movies through WiFi network ?

2. Any list of Chromecast enabled apps available. I prefer Indian content and free ( like Hotstar, Savann etc ). Hollywood movies are also welcome.

There is no official and no frills way to Chromecast from Kodi. There are some unofficial ways to do it though. Google it and you will find couple of ways.

For streaming local content to Chromecast I would suggest using LocalCast. Works great. Although it supports only the file formats that Chromecast natively supports and it cannot transcode.

Plex is another option. I had tried it but I couldn't get it to work.

recently bought CC2, I can stream Kodi from Chrome, but not all codecs are supported and the way isn't that efficient as it burns my CPU,
you might want to try terrariumtv.com , mostly GoogleVideo storage and the interface is so seamless and no lag when you cast from phone.

Don't use your primary account for peerated content. For caution.

Thanks , will keep in mind. CC2 effectively replaced my Samsung Smart TV apps.
Smart apps looks so archaic when compared to this 😀

only issue I had was with HBO Now and creating a static route for Google DNS solved it.

I just realized the Kodi has AirPlay and uPnP support. Does anyone know what AirPlay is ?

I am not able to cast my screen using Google Home app. It says my device is not made for it ( something like that ). I get a lot of hang issue with Chromecast. No matter I use LocalCast app or Google Home.

I am looking for something like Kodi, Plex which can fetch videos from PC and cast through Chromecast 2 ? Any free apps for this ? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: