Case against Internet Handling Fees levied by Bookmyshow, PVR and other services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,302

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Case against BookMyshow, PVR for levying internet handling fee on customers | The News Minute

An RTI query with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reveals that these platforms providing movie ticket booking services do not have any authority to levy handling fees on customers and that they are in violation of the RBI’s Merchant Discount Rate (MDR) regulations.

i have my doubts on anything coming out of it. but would be amazing if they are asked to pay penalty in addition to entire amount charged ever!

Case against BookMyshow, PVR for levying internet handling fee on customers | The News Minute

i have my doubts on anything coming out of it. but would be amazing if they are asked to pay penalty in addition to entire amount charged ever!
its illegal to charge parking in movie theaters so since few months now, parking at movie theaters have been free of cost.

also since they reduced gst on tickets, the prices in hyd have gone from 150rs to 138rs each.

so who knows, maybe something will come out of this.

Terming the ‘internet handling charges’ as “unfair”, the Hyderabad District Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission ordered them to restrain from collecting a fee of more than Rs 6. This cap of Rs 6, the Commission said, was because this is the cap for Andhra and Telangana, plus and other applicable facilitation charges based on Section 6A of The IT Act, 2000, which pertains to delivery of services by a service provider.