CAS to be made mandatory in 4 metros by 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 6,552
Well ok.. I thought everyone in forum who has been here from past 3-4 yrs and knew me, knew that I was in Mumbai. Because my location on left has always been Mumbai.

What a slap to my face... this what i like about you...Probably i would have seen many times in the left corner...but my mind didnt work when you posted about 7 Star Cable...Any ways it was a real good slap in my face...You are the best man...i like your wordings you use and i admire you a lot...Your english is very good in terms of writing...Keep it up...

Slap??? I didnt mean to slap? I am Gandhiji follower 😀

Amish mujhe hamesha pyar se hi martha hai...Munna Bhai ki thara...:joyous:

Myth, myth more myth!!My small cable operator, 7 star has done this. I doubt he needed so much funds for local equipments.And for STB, he already asked us to pay for STB, so no question of needing funds.

What a slap to my face... this what i like about you...

:rofl: :rofl:

@serious note: thanks Amish for the contribution you have made to this forum 🙂

----------

Myth, myth more myth!!

My small cable operator, 7 star has done this. I doubt he needed so much funds for local equipments.

And for STB, he already asked us to pay for STB, so no question of needing funds.
I guess he will be having Link connection from some MSO. This STB money will be given to that MSO.

Now what's this new thing Internet and telephone connection via DTH ??

Recently, President Prathibha Patil has given her nod to an ordinance, which would make digitisation of cable services mandatory by 2014. The shift would mean all customers must have a set top box whether they want to receive free-to-air or pay channels. They will be able to watch high quality channels of their choice on an a la carte basis and are likely to have access to Internet and telephone through the same digital cable.

The Hindu : Business / Industry : Digitalisation to be game changer in India from 2014

Now what's this new thing Internet and telephone connection via DTH ??

The Hindu : Business / Industry : Digitalisation to be game changer in India from 2014
DTH?? Not possible at cheaper rate. As it would need very costlier equipments at customer ends for 2 way communication (like used by New broadcaster in OB vans)

But very much possible on Digital Cable (aka CAS in India) as cable uses very less bandwidth for TV channels. Remaining bandwidth can easily accommodate Voice (Telephone) and Data (Internet) service. And all 3 services (know as Triple Play) can exists at same time without affect on each other.