Carrier aggregation, VoLTE, VoWifi not working on Vodafone Idea?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishanjain28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 87,108
Lol its not like that bro it has nothing to do with falling back to 2G/3G FDD+TDD was introduced in 2015 or something idk before that there was only FDD+FDD and TDD+TDD so phones required FDD band as base to get CA, While if they latch to TDD band it can't give CA, Nowerdays TDD+FDD is possible i think, have read something about it not sure, so even it latches to TDD band it can combine with FDD, so currently device support is very rare for that kind of CA

So, VOLTE got activated and it also shows 4G, but I am still unable to use internet. How weird is that 🙁

And the phone switches to 3G when it gets a call.

Forgive me for this long post . In my area VI has completed their integration i 1 month ago. Ever since before and after integration i couldn't get a stable 4g signal in my house , at one point i can get 2 bars 4g with 20 to 30 mbps but as soon as i move some feet away it gets changed to 2g and it stays there. I have complained in pg portal and the appellate authority , both of the times they are saying the sites is optimized. Well actually i can say that the reason for their bad coverage is they have not given band 8 here or aggregated it with band 3, since i can at least get range from jio consistently(both are serving from same tower)? This is what their response was
1605334205193.webp

While i traveled to some other places almost 60 kms from my place, their they have deployed all kinds of ca with b8 b1, b3 .b40 ,b41. Only in my place they dont have any ca. I have complained in pg portal in hopes that some people here has got better stable carrier aggregation after they complained in the pg portal , but for me the case is exact opposite.

What should i do now , should i complain again pg portal , or is there anything to do other than that?

@devangpatel i am currently using OP7 so shared my experience i have all 3 carrier sims i use them all so said I don't get full CA support for ex 1+3 3+40 and 3+41 is only working but i enabled all the combos for VI for ex 1+3+8, 1+3+41,1+3+8+40, 3+8+40,1+3+40 etc everything is working now when i modified my Carrier Policy for my OnePlus, Airtel also only 1+3 and 3+40, 40+40 is supported no 1+3+8 or 3+8 or 1+8 1+3+40 nothing is there, only Jio combos such as 3+5+40 3+40 and 5+40, 40+40 are supported by default
How to update carrier policy ?

After mailing the appellate authority , volte was activated for my sim but now it keeps turning off sometimes it shows volte sign for my vi sim , sometimes it doesn’t and I am also facing issue while calling and receiving calls when volte Is unavailable , for my secondary sim ie Airtel volte is always working .

I think Vi did enabled or fixed CA for me after complaining to PGPORTAL. Other than that, I have seen 4G+ in my device many times. But it doesn't come everytime. But for time being my internet speed is improved.

And tested just now, it came to 4G+ after enable/disable flight mode.

And speed just is over 100 Mbps.
Which city brother?