Carrier aggregation, VoLTE, VoWifi not working on Vodafone Idea?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishanjain28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 87,147
Weren't there two different companies involved in mnp? Iirc only one of them had an online portal to check status. Things might have changed in recent years though.

Hmm. It seems you're right.

MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. (“MITS”) is a 100% subsidiary of US-based iconectiv, LLC (Formerly known as Telcordia Technologies Inc). Based in Gurgaon, MITS has been awarded a licence by the Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India, to set up and operate the Mobile Number Portability Service in the licenced MNP Service Zone 2 comprising South and East of India that includes the following 11 circles:
  • Assam
  • Karnataka
  • Madhya Pradesh
  • West Bengal
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Kerala
  • North East
  • Tamil Nadu including Chennai
  • Bihar
  • Kolkata
  • Orissa

Apparently above is Zone 2. For Zone 1 which covers North and West India, this is the website (which is down at the moment).

Source: Mobile Number Portability

Using Vodafone 4g logo sim. Volte not actived yet. Emailed customer care and they said handset compatibility issue(Samsung A71).

Pls help

UPDATE: Emailed Appellate.

Last edited:
lol getting CA depends on many factors such as if TDD Band is present then if TDD is connected you wont get CA most probably Mobiles support FDD+TDD Support but TDD+FDD is very rare and like 2% devices may support it (tdd b40 2300,b41 2500) also due to PCI Switching u can see unstable ca because you maybe getting different pci at almost similar signal strength so it keeps switching that can lead to instability,
OnePlus 8 has 3CA as per Vi’s configuration and it does FDD+TDD in B1, B3 and B41

@alfaz_rayin my point was TDD+FDD CA is very rare with Lack of Device Support so if phone Latches to B41,B40 which are TDD bands you wont get CA

Maybe vi don't have ca if the phone is primarily latching to an tdd band. It.will not be device incompatibility.

@alfaz_rayin yes i know this website, i know the owner of the website, btw i just wanted to say TDD+TDD(40+40 or 41+41) is possible TDD+FDD is possible but very rare normally phones lack support for this (41+3,41+1), But FDD+TDD is Possible (3+41,3+40 ETC) while refering to website it only shows 41-3 but actually its only 3+41

@popcorn Sorry I forgot to mention the issue I am facing. I am facing inconsistency issues after integration like if I move around in my house the network gets switched to 2g and stays there until airplane mode is enabled. I dont have issues with volte.

So for that how can I complaint to the appellate authority.