Carrier aggregation, VoLTE, VoWifi not working on Vodafone Idea?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishanjain28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 87,109
@Khalidahmed8 No Vi don't have VoWiFi

Source

Getting mind boggling speeds on Vodafone with band1 and band3 2CA in Kota,Rajasthan.
All the basic broadband plans are useless here they give only 30 or 40 mbps.
Rs 16 1Gb for 1 day was the pack on which I got those speeds.
Note-iPhone 8 with Qualcomm modem.

Last edited:
Idea has a different volte operator code than Vodafone after integration they assign Vodafone volte operator code to idea so the volte doesn’t work. For Vi they use Vodafone volte operator code so go to the VI store and do a sim swap. I am sure then it will work for you. If you use mediatek phones then tell me I know a way to get VoLTE in idea without the need of sim swap.
ya bro i have same i use media tech processor p70 my phone is f11 pro.. i also replace my sim Idea sim to vi sim .but it doesn't get volte.

I ported to Vi from Jio as Jio failed to improve network since last 1.5 years.
I got Vi branded sim which I ordered online (Prepaid) with 647 recharge and carry on weekend offer.
I activated this morning and Volte was not working. My other Vi sim volte was working.
New Sim shows VIL as your Network.
I went to Vi store at Andheri East Station (Near Jumbo Xerox) and they activated something and in 2 hours & restart Volte is working fine.

It seems something related to Idea / Vi merger and backend issue.
After Volte is enabled, voice is crystal clear.

@popcorn Same issue on my Vodafone sim which I ported from Jio to Vi. They did not have newer sims so gave me 2019 Vodafone prepaid sims. It shows Vodafone as network name on this sim btw. VoLTE did not work out of the box. I had to call their CC to activate it which they activated after 2 days.
Things like VoLTE should be auto activated and it's no-brainer. Management still in medieval ages. This exact issue is faced even by new Airtel port-ins. However, I am pleased with 4G speed and network performance of Vi. I get 20 Mbps during day and 70 Mbps from midnight night till 8am in the morning on my OnePlus 8.

You really need latest mid-high end phone to latch on to band combination which Vi is using. Insert the sim in 2 yr old phone and speeds go for a toss.

I hope they enable CA at my location as soon as possible. Band41 is absolutely fantastic at night and during daytime but absolutely tanks at peak times dropping as low as 0.5-1mbit. On airtel in 1+3 config, I atleast get 40mbit throughout the day.

Their policy is simple.
Keep Volte disabled by default.
Users who are smart will complain and they would activate it.

I don’t know about Vi, but the newer sims from Airtel get VoLTE automatically. But for some reason, postpaid accounts seem to get them quicker.

My father has a very old Airtel 4G sim (probably from around when they started giving 4G upgrade sims with 4G phones) and CC made me run in circles before finally activating VoLTE. Thankfully WiFi Calling activation was more seamless lmao.

Basically Vodafone sims (Postpaid) the VOLTE Automatically activated (Can be prepaid also depends on circles where Vodafone is the anchor network), While Idea sims VOLTE is not activated automatically you have to send a message to 12345 saying ACTVOLTE then only VOLTE will be activated within 24 hours of the request (Vi will still have idea/vodafone since the integration is still not complete pan india the postpaid sims will always be vodafone and prepaid can be idea/Vodafone it depends on anchor network of that specific circle)

I don't understand this carrier agression thing much.

I am using postpaid plan (currently 299 plan).
SIM is about 5-6 years old.

I moved to VADODARA, Gujarat since June end from Gurgaon.
In Gurgaon I always gets about 20 Mbps down and 7-10 Mbps upload during day and while night time ( after1-2 Am) it's always over 50 Mbps down and 15+ Mbps upload. During evening it always worked as 2G 😂😂

But since I moved to VADODARA, I never gets more than 2-3 Mbps down and always less than 1 Mbps upload during days. In night after 2 AM it was always 70-80 Mbps plus.

I made so many complaints, Twitter, Email, Appellate and all. But idiots never solved it.

In the end I made a complaint to PGPORTAL.

Not don't know what they have done. But told me that they have refreshed my GPRS profile from there end.

For 1st day after getting GPRS refresh, it never went over 15 Mbps down and 4 Mbps upload for all time.
As complaint is still running. And I sent them so many screenshot. Now during days as well I sometimes hits 50 Mbps down and 7-8 Mbps upload.

A couple of days ago I hit 105 Mbps in morning and 12 Mbps upload.
Three days ago I hit 53 Mbps down and 40 Mbps upload.

My complaint is still open as most of time my upload speed is now 2-4 Mbps max but download is seems way better.

So I guess they may have enabled CA to my profile or whatever, I don't know.

I am using Realme X2 Pro.

How can I check if CA is enabled or disabled for me?

Hope I can see all details without ROOT.

I want to understand this CA this and how exactly it works.

@Vickey007

Ca is carrier aggregation method where 2 or more bands are joined together to give more bandwidth to the user for instance if a 4g is one 10 mhz then with the help of another 10 mhz signal the bandwidth is almost doubled. Also it has other benfits like if a low frequency band is aggregated with a high frequency one then u can superior speeds indoor also. For ca to work the main hurdle is the compatibility of the phones to ca. Especially realme only supports intra band ca , atelast I think so

I don't know if the ca can be enabled at the user end. Its mostly enabled at the site end , when 2 or more bands are joined together, those settings are done at the cellular site rather than at the device end. If the tower sites near you has ca enabled and if ur phone supports ca then u will automatically gets ca, without any manual interference

As to check whether there is ca , if ur phone shows 4g+ signal then u are on ca. Other than that there is no default way to check for ca and other band info without root.

Last edited: