Carrier aggregation, VoLTE, VoWifi not working on Vodafone Idea?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishanjain28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 87,151
ISP
Anjani Broadband 100mbps, Airtel LTE/5G Failover & AS199347
Hii,

I have a Idea sim card I have been using for quite some time now. On this sim card, Carrier aggregation, VoLTE or VoWifi just doesn't works at all. Back when Idea was an independent company, there was a message you were supposed to send to activate VoLTE I had tried that but that also didn't work.

I have tried talking to Vi's customer support but it's insanely difficult to talk to a real person now so I haven't had much luck there.

Do I need to get the sim card replaced? What else can I do to fix these issues?

I was watching a sort of tutorial video on LTE/CA. And in the video they mentioned, Sim cards that support CA are white in color and "Class 15".(Video link CARRIER AGGREGATION (4G+) || BY-ANKUR TOMAR || - YouTube). My sim card is completely yellow in color. Soo, Do I get a replacement for it? I don't believe I'll be getting an actual Idea sim card now and from what I have read speeds are throttled on Vi(do these even exist now?)/Vodafone sim cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I face the same problem. For now, I've DISABLED VOLTE. Seems to be a network Integration problem of theirs, and I'm not sure if they can roll back whatever they did that made it stop working.

Idea has a different volte operator code than Vodafone after integration they assign Vodafone volte operator code to idea so the volte doesn’t work. For Vi they use Vodafone volte operator code so go to the VI store and do a sim swap. I am sure then it will work for you. If you use mediatek phones then tell me I know a way to get VoLTE in idea without the need of sim swap.

Was having same problem with idea sim but last time in june sending
ACT VOLTE to 12345 did the trick.
Using idea sim card.

Idea has a different volte operator code than Vodafone after integration they assign Vodafone volte operator code to idea so the volte doesn’t work. For Vi they use Vodafone volte operator code so go to the VI store and do a sim swap. I am sure then it will work for you. If you use mediatek phones then tell me I know a way to get VoLTE in idea without the need of sim swap.
Hey! Thanks for offering to help. Unfortunately, I have a phone with SD845 so looks like my only option is to get the sim card replaced. Since we don't have a official Vi outlet here, I am hoping the local retailers have Vi Sim card now. Either way, I'll visit one of the shops later today and get it replaced

@igloo I tried that on my sister's phone(Also, Poco F1 and Idea Sim card) few months back and it was working fine and she has Volte access now but now, If I send this message, I get "You have entered the wrong keyword, Please enter desired keyword and SMS 199". I also sent the same message to 199 but then I get different version of the same error. So, I guess this is not working anymore. (My Circle is UPW)

I had some peculiar issue with CA with Idea (Vi) sim. When I use it with Samsung A6+ 2018 device I get 2CA (Band 1+8) all the time and speed are pretty good. But same sim if I use with my OnePlus 6 I don't get CA. Idk why this happens with my OP6 which have SD 845 which is much better then SD 450 on A6+

But CA from Jio works pretty fine with my OP6. only Vi sim I get this problem.

@devangpatel your carrier_policy.xml for your OnePlus 6 doesnt have CA support for Vi and Airtel (3+40 only works in airtel maybe 3+1 also)only Jio CA is properly supported, if you can update your carrier policy using QPST you can get CA on Oneplus, Oneplus 6/7 series doesn't fully provide ca support although hardware is supported they didn't add the code for Indian operators only Jio CA is fully supported

I face the same problem. For now, I've DISABLED VOLTE. Seems to be a network Integration problem of theirs, and I'm not sure if they can roll back whatever they did that made it stop working.
I checked with their idea store and they said volte is disabled for now as a whole and they will only activate it after network integration is complete

@amalrakoff I do get CA with idea (Vi) sim if I go to some other place on my OP6. Its just my home location where I don't get CA on OP6 but I do get in A6+ or any Samsung phones (with CA support) with same sim. If I go just 50 meters from my home I do get CA back on my OP6 with Vi, its just my home where OP or CA config from tower acts fishy.

Even Airtel gave me CA with my OP6 But now they have disabled. So I guess phone is not the problem here. something from tower site is glitchy with OP6.

@devangpatel i am currently using OP7 so shared my experience i have all 3 carrier sims i use them all so said I don't get full CA support for ex 1+3 3+40 and 3+41 is only working but i enabled all the combos for VI for ex 1+3+8, 1+3+41,1+3+8+40, 3+8+40,1+3+40 etc everything is working now when i modified my Carrier Policy for my OnePlus, Airtel also only 1+3 and 3+40, 40+40 is supported no 1+3+8 or 3+8 or 1+8 1+3+40 nothing is there, only Jio combos such as 3+5+40 3+40 and 5+40, 40+40 are supported by default

i even get 4CA in my Circle on Vi but OnePlus 7 only supports 2CA on Vi but hardware has the support so i enabled by entering to code for india and its working fine OnePlus 7 doesn't even support basic 3+8 CA by default idk why
20201005_165037.webp

Last edited:
Speeds are very good everywhere like 20-110 mbps depending on congestion maxim speed of Vodafone sim is 120 and idea is 160 so yoh will get those eassily