Carrier aggregation, VoLTE, VoWifi not working on Vodafone Idea?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishanjain28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 87,115
@Luifer Yes Vodafone and idea does have 120/160 limit, Jio has 104 Limit airtel has 200/100 depends on the age of the sim all have Limits before all these trai priority 4G stuff Vodafone postpaid was uncapped there was no capping once i got more than 140 on prepaid that was also uncapped i guess now Vodafone and idea is capped

Hey! Thanks for offering to help. Unfortunately, I have a phone with SD845 so looks like my only option is to get the sim card replaced. Since we don't have a official Vi outlet here, I am hoping the local retailers have Vi Sim card now. Either way, I'll visit one of the shops later today and get it replaced
Bro there is no such vi outlet you can go to an idea or a Vodafone store they will do the job.

I checked with their idea store and they said volte is disabled for now as a whole and they will only activate it after network integration is complete
By taking vi sim you will surely get volte.
If you need volte urgently then do a sim swap else wait and watch.

@amalrakoff I do get CA with idea (Vi) sim if I go to some other place on my OP6. Its just my home location where I don't get CA on OP6 but I do get in A6+ or any Samsung phones (with CA support) with same sim. If I go just 50 meters from my home I do get CA back on my OP6 with Vi, its just my home where OP or CA config from tower acts fishy.

Even Airtel gave me CA with my OP6 But now they have disabled. So I guess phone is not the problem here. something from tower site is glitchy with OP6.
OnePlus 6 doesn’t support CA combination (1+8) so you are not getting CA.

@RKhan21 not all places .they are selectively deploying because I didn't get band 1 4g on vi like ever .most of times it's on band 3 and its aggregation. When I checked .h+ is still running on band 1

I talked to Idea's Customer care executives and they have told me they can't activate VoLTE on my phone. My phone is Poco F1 and it appears as "Pocophone F1" on their system.
"Poco F1" is on their VoLTE supported devices list "Pocophone F1" is not.
Meanwhile, My sister has the exact same phone and VoLTE works fine for her on Idea. Since, In Airtel's dashboard, You can see the device name, I see her phone also appears as "Pocophone F1" to network operators. I tried explaining that poco f1 and pocophone f1 are the same phones and that volte works on my sister's phone but they kept repeating the same phrase over and over, won't let me talk to their senior or anyone else and hung up. f****** unreal

Mm.. my issue is a bit strange. After the Vi merge there's no network or signal in most times. But even when the signal returns back I couldn't make any call or connect to internet. What shall I do now? I think the SIM card is 3 years old and using it on my mom's Redmi 4 phone and it also has Volte feature.

Mm.. my issue is a bit strange. After the Vi merge there's no network or signal in most times. But even when the signal returns back I couldn't make any call or connect to internet. What shall I do now? I think the SIM card is 3 years old and using it on my mom's Redmi 4 phone and it also has Volte feature.
Visit Vi Store and replace the sim