Carrier Aggregation on Vodafone Idea

• Thread starter Thread starter amalrakoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 944
  • Views Views 86,652
@TheAndroidFreak as per my experience Vi's routing is still not up to the mark as excepted, still my parents complaint about call drop etc. Sometimes even call don't get connected even with full signal.

Smartphone used by my mother is Samsung A50 with Yellow idea sim (VOLTE Problem)
Smartphone used by my father is Samsung S10 with recently changed to new Vi sim from old yellow idea sim (Had VOLTE problem, RM requested me to change to new sim, but still its super buggy VOLTE, sometimes it appears and sometimes disappears)

Also what is with 29 September? Do you have insider info that Vi is gonna solve all customer problems before 29th 🙃

I am fed up with Vi and thinking to port my parents number to Jio 😒

Sept 29?? Kumar Mangalam Birla's birthday?
He is no more Chairman of VI.

BTW I have old Idea SIM which works on VoLTE when inserted in iPhone 8 Plus.

No, Vi routing and ping is still terrible atleast in Mumbai, plus they have started hiding routing table, you don't see anything after the gateway I'd 192.0.0.1
@Lolita_Magnum Ohh great insight. Last time when I check I guess two months ago, routing table was not hidden. I will verify tomorrow 🧐.

Edited: VoWifi is even worse in Vi. Its same like VOLTE super buggy. In my experience Airtel/Jio VoWifi have rock solid stability.

@devangpatel wierd vowifi actually works amazing for me.
Oh and 1.1.1.1 on VI for me is routed to MAA (Chennai). Even though there's Mumbai servers just 12km from my house. Getting Pings about 90ms.
My home wifi, uses 1.1.1.1 to Mumbai. Ie. 3ms.

@TheAndroidFreak as per my experience Vi's routing is still not up to the mark as excepted, still my parents complaint about call drop etc. Sometimes even call don't get connected even with full signal.

Smartphone used by my mother is Samsung A50 with Yellow idea sim (VOLTE Problem)
Smartphone used by my father is Samsung S10 with recently changed to new Vi sim from old yellow idea sim (Had VOLTE problem, RM requested me to change to new sim, but still its super buggy VOLTE, sometimes it appears and sometimes disappears)

Also what is with 29 September? Do you have insider info that Vi is gonna solve all customer problems before 29th 🙃

I am fed up with Vi and thinking to port my parents number to Jio 😒
It should work. Idea core from Maharashtra getting changed to Vodafone core in months time. But today I checked with Samsung Galaxy A52/A52s 5G/Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G, VoLTE working super fine(Old Idea yellow sim and new Vi sim). I don't know what's the issue with you sim. VoWifi working super smooth as well. Maybe you need to upgrade your sim to Vi sim of red colour. And within a month, your problems will get sorted for sure. I travel through Mumbai and Pune where everything except 4Mhz of 900Mhz is utilized for 4G. 10Mhz of 900Mhz, 10Mhz of 2300Mhz,10Mhz of 1800Mhz, 15Mhz of 2100Mhz and 30Mhz of 2500Mhz is utilized for 4G and speeds are crazy if you have proper CA device. 8-41/8-40/1-3/1-3-8/3-40/3-41/1-3-41/41-41/1-3-8-40 works and speeds are great. Only speeds are capped on Redx 699 unlimited to 100Mbps. But otherwise speeds are great. No issues whatsoever.

Reactions: SVK
@TheAndroidFreak I per my knowledge Vi do have license for 30 MHz for band 41, out of which they have only deployed 20 MHz for Band 41. If its 30 MHz for band 41 please do share some Screenshots. I am curious 🧐.

Really? Which phone? 41 + 41 sounds awesome theoretically. I’d imagine 150-200 Mbps speeds with that sort of CA

I‘m in/near Chennai currently. Near Irupalayam Road, Kuthambakkam. Jio is mediocre. VI is not even giving me 4G signal. Airtel gives around 30 Mbps. I’m fed up of recharging and carrying around 3 sims with two phones. Why isn’t VIL integration done here yet??

@RKhan21 You’ve said before half of Chennai has been integrated. Which half was it?