Carrier Aggregation on Vodafone Idea

• Thread starter Thread starter amalrakoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 944
  • Views Views 86,662
You don't have to do anything. It works automatically.

Is this news article correct? Has anyone got any SMS like specified in the article. By 4g only means are they shutting down 2g also with dss method or just reframing 3g spectrum o 4g. I didn't get any SMS like this.

Another site telecom info is stating that vi is planning to give only 4g services as several customers are getting SMS like so.

@amalrakoff

I think they would not shutdown 2G. Only 3G is shutdown, and that Spectrum is allocated to 4G.
VI still has many Customers using 2G-only phones, and to retain them they would have to keep 2G.

Vi have finally shut down 3G service in my city (now I guess most parts of MH circle). Now, only 4G/2G is available. for 2G only Band 8 is used. Band 1 3G which got shutdown is now added to Band1 for 4G (15 MHz) earlier it was 10 MHz.

I get this following BW for Vi in my area (verified using Samsung service menu *#0011#) :

For 2G:
Band 8 (900)

For 4G:
Band 1 (2100) - 15 MHz
Band 3 (1800) - 10 MHz
Band 8 (900) - 10 MHz
Band 40 (2300) - 10 MHz
Band 41 (2500) - 20 MHz

In total 65 MHz of 4G BW.

Still Vi has worst routing in my place like twitter and Quora takes ages to load.
Only Speedtest and Google service(YT, Gmail etc.) gets good speed, for rest routing/speed you have to wait till your hairs become grey 😂😂

Note: Till last week Vi was: Band 8 (5 MHz), Band 1 (10 MHz), Band 3 (10 MHz), Band 40 (10 MHz) and Band 41 (20 MHz)

@devangpatel can i ask you a few questions assuming you are a vi user for 1 year atleast

when was integration completed in your area

how many months post integration did you notice b8 5 mhz for 4g, i mean after integration do you start getting b8 immediately or was it just b3+b41 only.

when was b1 started for 4g?

i was asking this question because , in my area even after 1 year post integration vi is operating only on b3 20+b41 20mhz, where neighbouring districts has b8 , b1 etc, fed up of giving complaints regarding coverage issues.

@Lucifer96 I was Vodafone COCP user till JULY 2020 after which I shifted to Airtel. But my mother still has Vi.
I got message from Vi regarding that they have completed network integration back in JUNE 2020, but in reality they messed up everything. I used to get 100+ Mbps throughout the day and even in peak hours I used to get atleast 70+ Mbps and VOLTE was working fine. But after their message the network become useless, with call drops, no network stability (shifts between 2G/3G/4G), speeds become horrible even I stopped getting VOLTE from JUNE 2020, so I ported to Airtel.

I far as I remember, when I last checked in JUNE 2020, I used to get only Band 1 (10 MHz), Band 3 (10 MHz) and Band 8 (5 MHz).
But somewhere after December 2020 they added Band 40 (10 MHz) and in Feb 2021 they added Band 41 (20 MHz).

Last month they shutdown 3G and updated Band 1 (15 MHz) and Band 8 (10 MHz).

Despite Vi deploying colossal amount (in total 65 MHz) of spectrum in my area, still my mother complaints about call drops, slow speed, unreliable network, VOLTE not working etc. Vi used to be fastest and best in my area till JUNE 2020, but after that its game over for them. Many people in my area ported to Airtel/Jio. Only Few are with Vi. I have seen network getting improved from worst to best, but Vi is first case which went from Best to worse. 😩😩

We can just rant over failure of Vi, even after complaining in AUG 2020 they send network engineer twice who had no clue to resolve problem. 🙃

Yes. Vi has very poor routing here too.. Twitter, quora, flipkart, Amazon etc takes ages to load.. also finding server on ookla is very time taking.. Pings on gateway server is fine (~15ms) but on every other server, it's total shit (>200). Speed is also capped at 40mbps here. Till 2019, it was 50. I'm thinking to port in to jio now as I already have Airtel as my primary sim.

@devangpatel thank you for your reply, here also network integration happened around june 2020, but i didnt get any message regarding it. it happened overnight , but different from your case it was only b3 20 b41 20 and b40 10 mhz, there was no sign of band 8, or band 1 even though i didnt get any 3g signal here. 1 year over and its still the same here

And you are right their technical persons are useless, i have lodged 3 complaints , 2 pg portal ones within 1 year citing my poor indoor coverage. Their technical teams don't have any knowledge about even lte bands , when i spoke with him about band 8 availability he just played dumb. altough a simple deployment of even 5 mhz of band 8 should have given me decent speeds

yeah their routing is very poor for me too, but i just use warp for that purpose

i say they are digging their own graves , with a proper spectrum deployment, and optimizing their routing they could have gained in many aspects

@Lucifer96 I got network integration message on early June 2020 stating that they are working to integrate network so you may face some issues for next 15 days, also they stated that on 26 June 2020 they will complete integration.
Regarding the message, only COCP numbers got this message in my area, rest people din't get any message. In past Vodafone COCP used to send message if their was any maintenance or any other problem which may cause temporary network shutdowns etc.

Also coming to complaints, calling customer care was waste, so I had to call my Account relational manager after which they sent some "Dude" with no technical know how during first visit. They closed my complaint without solving it, so again I gave earful bluster to my RM after which they sent real technical engineer who was also clueless and told me that he will make some adjustment to cell site, but sadly till date no network improvement.

Vi have finally shut down 3G service in my city (now I guess most parts of MH circle). Now, only 4G/2G is available. for 2G only Band 8 is used. Band 1 3G which got shutdown is now added to Band1 for 4G (15 MHz) earlier it was 10 MHz.

I get this following BW for Vi in my area (verified using Samsung service menu *#0011#) :

For 2G:
Band 8 (900)

For 4G:
Band 1 (2100) - 15 MHz
Band 3 (1800) - 10 MHz
Band 8 (900) - 10 MHz
Band 40 (2300) - 10 MHz
Band 41 (2500) - 20 MHz

In total 65 MHz of 4G BW.

Still Vi has worst routing in my place like twitter and Quora takes ages to load.
Only Speedtest and Google service(YT, Gmail etc.) gets good speed, for rest routing/speed you have to wait till your hairs become grey 😂😂

Note: Till last week Vi was: Band 8 (5 MHz), Band 1 (10 MHz), Band 3 (10 MHz), Band 40 (10 MHz) and Band 41 (20 MHz)
Nice bit of data digging

@Lucifer96 I was Vodafone COCP user till JULY 2020 after which I shifted to Airtel. But my mother still has Vi.
I got message from Vi regarding that they have completed network integration back in JUNE 2020, but in reality they messed up everything. I used to get 100+ Mbps throughout the day and even in peak hours I used to get atleast 70+ Mbps and VOLTE was working fine. But after their message the network become useless, with call drops, no network stability (shifts between 2G/3G/4G), speeds become horrible even I stopped getting VOLTE from JUNE 2020, so I ported to Airtel.

I far as I remember, when I last checked in JUNE 2020, I used to get only Band 1 (10 MHz), Band 3 (10 MHz) and Band 8 (5 MHz).
But somewhere after December 2020 they added Band 40 (10 MHz) and in Feb 2021 they added Band 41 (20 MHz).

Last month they shutdown 3G and updated Band 1 (15 MHz) and Band 8 (10 MHz).

Despite Vi deploying colossal amount (in total 65 MHz) of spectrum in my area, still my mother complaints about call drops, slow speed, unreliable network, VOLTE not working etc. Vi used to be fastest and best in my area till JUNE 2020, but after that its game over for them. Many people in my area ported to Airtel/Jio. Only Few are with Vi. I have seen network getting improved from worst to best, but Vi is first case which went from Best to worse. 😩😩

We can just rant over failure of Vi, even after complaining in AUG 2020 they send network engineer twice who had no clue to resolve problem. 🙃
Which smartphone your mother use? As far as I know, routing issues has been solved by now atleast on major cities. Whatever issues with VoLTE and VoWifi, it will get solved after September 29,I feel. Yellow sim or New Vi sim.

Which smartphone your mother use? As far as I know, routing issues has been solved by now atleast on major cities. Whatever issues with VoLTE and VoWifi, it will get solved after September 29,I feel. Yellow sim or New Vi sim.
No, Vi routing and ping is still terrible atleast in Mumbai, plus they have started hiding routing table, you don't see anything after the gateway I'd 192.0.0.1