Carrier Aggregation on Vodafone Idea

• Thread starter Thread starter amalrakoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 944
  • Views Views 86,719
Speedwise there is no difference but TDD+FDD Ca is very rare currently only spotted in VIL kerala also very rare Phone support also, because if we are
@amalrakoff what is the difference, with fdd+tdd ca, I couldn't get it there , meanwhile I have got band 8 10mhz ca but its very unstable for me like within 2 minutes it flips back to 5mhz don't know what's the problem

And its been 3 months and still no ca in my HomeTown
Maybe optimization is needed they will do it, thats why its flipping now they are deploying everything on fast pace, btw TDD+FDD CA is very rare now only spotted here, in Vi KL maybe because of Huawei running the network every ca is enabled also Device support is rare for TDD+FDD CA, because as you can see if you latch to B40 or B41 it wont do any CA, while now since my phone supports 2 combos B41+B1 and B40+3 even if i latch to B40 or B41 i will be on 2CA atleast now, OnePlus 8 Series and iPhone 12 Series currenly support 4CA as TDD as Base they have every combo with TDD as Base

@varkey you in Ernakulam or Banglore? here new sites with B8 is having some problems with B3+B8 CA but if you latch to B1 as base B1+B3+B8 ca works very efficiently Old deployments before 3G shutdown has no problem but new ones have, Optimization issues

20210104-193219.jpg
20210104-193225.jpg

@varkey you in Ernakulam or Banglore? here new sites with B8 is having some problems with B3+B8 CA but if you latch to B1 as base B1+B3+B8 ca works very efficiently Old deployments before 3G shutdown has no problem but new ones have, Optimization issues

Ernakulam, near Perumbavoor.

I see. Yeah noticing the same issue, it was stable at B3+B8 for last two days, but today it just dropped and no longer showing CA. My device supports only 2 CA (CAT 6) so can't do B1+B3+B40.

My device supports only the following combinations, so if B3+B8 doesn't work, I don't have other options I guess. Have to try if I can use B8 as primary and B3 as secondary.

1+1/5/8/20
2+2/5/12/17
3+3/5/7/8/20
7+7/8/12/20
8+8
12+12
38+38
39+39/41
40+40
41+41

oh which phone do u own? also if 2CA B3+B8 is preferred then only B3+B1, Sadly 3G is shutdown in Ernakulam City only outside the city 3G is still running now every site is having 2CA minimum even 2CA sites are rare, looks like Xiaomi or Realme? bro if possible try to get a device with CA currently cheapest option is Moto G 5G, below 20k only 40-40 is supported maybe some moto phones have and Nokia but its rare and very hard to find which phone

Speedwise there is no difference but TDD+FDD Ca is very rare currently only spotted in VIL kerala also very rare Phone support also, because if we are

Maybe optimization is needed they will do it, thats why its flipping now they are deploying everything on fast pace, btw TDD+FDD CA is very rare now only spotted here, in Vi KL maybe because of Huawei running the network every ca is enabled also Device support is rare for TDD+FDD CA, because as you can see if you latch to B40 or B41 it wont do any CA, while now since my phone supports 2 combos B41+B1 and B40+3 even if i latch to B40 or B41 i will be on 2CA atleast now, OnePlus 8 Series and iPhone 12 Series currenly support 4CA as TDD as Base they have every combo with TDD as Base
yes i have confirmed my phone Galaxy a70 doesnt support tdd+fdd , only fdd+tdd and tdd+tdd are there

@amalrakoff This is not with a phone, I use it as my backup internet with Mikrotik SXT LTE6. It's mounted outdoors.

The max speed I've got with 2CA B3+B8 is around 75 mbps in the night. During the day around 30-40 Mbps. Without CA it drops to 10-15 mbps anytime.

Ok now B3+B8 CA is back 😅

WRjsVS4.png

@maverickreborn As I mentioned, I use LTE/4G as backup internet, so when my primary fails for whatever reason, it fails over to this. The Mikrotik SXT LTE6 has a CAT6 modem so does 2CA. I have it mounted on a pole on the roof and have my OpenWRT router setup with mwan3 to failover to this backup WAN when my primary (BSNL) is down.

yes its premium but not mine my friend is reading my logs, he has paid, btw u cant download premium NSG apk