Carrier Aggregation on Vodafone Idea

• Thread starter Thread starter amalrakoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 944
  • Views Views 86,673
Also I think it's RoTN circle which is managed by Nokia, atleast in Chennai Circle (Huawei) it's fully integrated. Check Airtel's plmn I'm not sure tho cuz after Avadi RoTN circle starts

Might be RoTN. I have Idea sim. Tried everything but can’t latch. Disclaimer it’s an old yellow Idea sim from around 5 years back. Can latch 3G network in home circle.

Vi have finally shut down 3G service in my city (now I guess most parts of MH circle). Now, only 4G/2G is available. for 2G only Band 8 is used. Band 1 3G which got shutdown is now added to Band1 for 4G (15 MHz) earlier it was 10 MHz.
So, I got a secondary SIM from VI and told them I'll be using with old iPhone 6 with was partially 4G (or something related to VoLTE issues).
I have been unable to get it to connect.

Could it be something similar is happening here with shut down of some bands/ services?
I get this following BW for Vi in my area (verified using Samsung service menu *#0011#) :

For 2G:
Band 8 (900)
For 4G:
Any idea on doing the same for iPhone 7 (current phone - working) to see if i6 is stuck due to this?

Cant update: Found online. This wont work anymore 3001#12345#

@crashnburn_in The code is 3001#12345# you did not put a * before the code so the code you put is incomplete one. Try the above code it will work in iPhone only.

So most of the upper tier 5g phones releasing these days are missing some of the significant ca combinations used by the operators ,and yet there is no word of 5g also

So most of the upper tier 5g phones releasing these days are missing some of the significant ca combinations used
You can use S20 FE 5G, Realme GT or Oppo Reno 6 5G if you are staying in Kerala or Maharashtra. These all phones support 1-3-8-40 which is on all of these phones. In all of these, Oppo Reno 6 5G is most future proof I must say from CA combinations and 5G bands. Jio has tested 5G on this phone and 15Mhz of n28 and 100Mhz of n78. You can go with this phone blindly. 3CA on Jio and Vi is easily available on this phone too.

If you don't want Oppo branded phone or Dimensity powered phone,A52s or Moto Edge 20 Pro are excellent choices. You won't get disappointed. Most 3CA combinations are available on this phone with Vi and Jio. Oppo Reno 7 5G is coming with better camera and Snapdragon 778G, so at that time Reno 6 5G prices will be dropped. So you better wait. Moto Edge 20 Pro successor is coming too, so Moto Edge 20 Pro prices will be slashed in upcoming months. You better wait for these drop in prices.

A73 next year coming with snapdragon 778G and 108MP camera. It will mostly have 4CA(with more bands support) and great battery life as well. So you can wait for that as well.

You can use S20 FE 5G, Realme GT
Both S20 FE 5G and Realmeme GT are useless for CA. S20 FE 5G doesn't support basic 40C in india and Realmeme GT which ur saying doesn't even have proper 2CA in India. I think u saw Global version combos and spreading false info everywhere saying that it supports 4CA I think u should stop that.