Carrier Aggregation on Airtel 4G LTE

My speeds have gone into the dumps... Observing this for the past 3-4 days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-24-16-10-15-58.webp
    Screenshot_2020-09-24-16-10-15-58.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 323
Which state are you in? The same has happened where I live in Kolkata. Both speeds and signal strength have deteriorated since June.

My speeds have gone into the dumps... Observing this for the past 3-4 days.
u are lucky to get a 4g signal, i dont even get a proper 4g signal with airtel these days , most of the time its 2g . Earlier i used to get 20 to 30 mbps with airtel . Infact airtel cannot even provide that speeds even when the tower is in the line of sight nowadays.

Hey guys, I recently took an Airtel sim, and noticed some really great speeds across many places in North Goa where I live... Like 5x the speed of Jio in many places... If Jio is 2Mbps, Airtel is 12 to 15Mbps... Some places, Jio's speed is faster though... But since my bootloader is locked, I have been unable to use network signal guru... I got the 6z... It's great, supports 5CA, but the absence of 4x4 MIMO hurts tho. It has a gigabit modem, but no 4x4 MIMO. Looks like I will have to wait for Zenfone 7 to release in India... It's almost October, and no sight of the new phone... Anyway, coming to Airtel, I haven't been able to get 4G+ on the phone at all. So has Airtel disabled CA everywhere?

I don't know but this is my wild guess...
It could be something to do with Airtel discontinuing their premium based plans post criticism from. TRAI.

@amalrakoff Kottayam, but u are correct I am not getting ca when I go to city premises. But in my correct residence which is nearer to kottayam city I can confirm ca is working on band 3 and band 40

Just in retrospective, these are the speeds I got on both Airtel and Vodafone, respectively. Airtel was on band 40 intraband CA (20Mhz + 10Mhz) while Vodafone was on band 1 5Mhz.

This is actually the highest that I’ve seen on Airtel in months!

CD69FD1F-62B6-42FE-B62A-BE74ADF3EEFE.webp

C3390E8C-5BE3-47CF-8AF3-C4D6D9500F6A.webp