Carrier Aggregation on Airtel 4G LTE

@droid the only thing puts XR behind the Snapdragon is the use of Intel radios. Rest everything processing power, GPU ,ram management, ai processing etc snapdragon will not come even closer to the bionic chipsets. In the cellular division nobody can beat snapdragon till now. Except the lte perfomance all.other factors are in favour of Apple. Lte perfomance will only increase with adding of new spectrum, so that's not a thing that's worth considering when buying the phone when all other factors are favour of apple itself

So on the scale it's very less significant like 2 to 3 percent I think..

Thanks for your inputs... You guys have any idea how worse it is compared to Qualcomm... Is it significant or marginal like 10-20%
@philip i was asking for comparison of LTE performance only ..just to get a idea... ya rest of things Bionic beats Snapdragon.. 🙂 one generation ahead

@droid Sorry if I just digressed a little 😅. Yeah overall lte perfomance especially download speeds and uploads will be lesser than any Snapdragon counter part and the also difference depends upon sevrall other factors like location ,cellular congestion etc. Also signals receptivity is little less with the Intel radios.

Adding my two cents here: I use an iPhone XR, and I honestly do not find the cellular capabilities to be that inferior as opposed to the Pro series iPhones. I have gotten around 80Mbps on Airtel 4G on my XR, which I’d say is pretty good. Plus, as someone already mentioned, there’s a lot more things in favour of the phone.

@droid You will get intel modem on all iPhones except if you purchase from the US where you get Snapdragon modem.
I also have an iPhone 8 unlocked which I purchased from the US. It gave me almost 20-30mbps on jio 4g throughout the day. During night I used to get 99 Mbps on jio with 2×2 mimo. So there is not much difference unless you need 4×4 mimo for extra speed and have a lot of cash to burn.

Jio network is capped at 100mbps so you dont feel the difference of 4x4 Mimo at night but its not the case with other carriers airtel hits 200 with 4x4 Mimo, without ca

Please write detailed mail to randeep.sekhon@airtel.com explaining your problem which bands are not coming etc and speed issues. YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE RECTIFIED WITHIN 24-48 HRS . GAURENTEED. I am telling from my personal experience and many over internet.

Progress is followed from his desk with regional network team. And no if buts, only solution . Just mentioned all airtel nos. You use in your home in subject line...also mail should be thorough and we'll drafted and not like two liner cribbing about problem too much...

Do update when you get resolution. In my case they installed new sector on site facing my home to boost capacity and coverage withing 48 hrs. And same person called me to check of there was improvment . I got full bar of band 40 from 1 bar

This works! I wrote to Randeep today. Got a call within 2 hours and a person visiting my house in the next 1 hour.. He spent more than 1.5 hours at my house, with the technical team on phone, trying to optimize the signal strength. He thoroughly went to each and every corner of my house and took the readings. Things haven't improved much because they concluded that this is the best coverage I can get due to the location of my house (it is surrounded by tall flats on all its 4 sides). Full marks to the efforts put in by them.

This works! I wrote to Randeep today. Got a call within 2 hours and a person visiting my house in the next 1 hour.. He spent more than 1.5 hours at my house, with the technical team on phone, trying to optimize the signal strength. He thoroughly went to each and every corner of my house and took the readings. Things haven't improved much because they concluded that this is the best coverage I can get due to the location of my house (it is surrounded by tall flats on all its 4 sides). Full marks to the efforts put in by them.
@sghulyani Was your sim postpaid or prepaid?? As I also receive slow speeds in my house due to network congestion airtel 4g.

@Gaurav_add
Sharing my experience for others and answer to your question as well.

It is prepaid.. However they did not know it back then. When they came to know, they were shocked. Clearly indicated that they do not make efforts for complaints of prepaid users. However, since this request was coming from the leadership they had to take it. Then they immediately checked my data usage and said that it is too less. And started insisting me to use vowifi for calls and wifi for data.
They also asked me how many Airtel connections are there at my home. Since I am the only one using Airtel, their expression again changed and shoulders dropped.
I even faced questions like if you have wifi at home, why are you not using vowifi for calls - which is a valid question IMHO.. But my vowifi is not very consistent for me and my call drops on volte. Then they started convincing me to change the wifi provider from jio to airtel and also changing Router and its location at my home, etc.

At the end they acknowledged that network strength is low and did some adjustments at the backend. I'd say it marginally improved the coverage, but the issue still persists.

I am however happy with the efforts that they put in.

------------------
Again, jio provides better coverage at my home as compared to airtel, but am sceptical to use it atleast before the auctions. I have experienced lower speeds and consistency on jio as compared to airtel and am happy using airtel for now.

@sghulyani Thanks for answering my question.
Jio is working nice at my home with 20-30 mbps speed (with ca) as they have a lot of feature phones users so during the lockdown the speed improved for me by 10 mbps before lockdown I was getting 10-20 mbps and always connect to band 5,they have the lowest data traffic through it.Band 40 and band 3 do not work that well.

I see that iPhone XR had LTE advanced where as iPhone 11 have GIGABIT class LTE .

I was wondering if anyone aware if this will make any difference with respect to Indian carriers , I'm considering buying iphone XR
So i got the iPhone XR and yes I'm observing about 20-30% decrease in mobile data speeds and this is not in congested area.. but for now it's not bothering me as i use WiFi at home anyways. But ya iPhone experience with IOS kind of makes up for it ... It's smooth and nice.. Satisfied for now

Airtel B40 10mhz with 4x4 mimo
Speeds over 100Mbps
Screenshot_20200829-190802_Telegram.webp