Carrier Aggregation on Airtel 4G LTE

Raj

ISP
BSNL, Cherrinet
Just checked today. Airtel started using 20 + 10 Mhz of Band 40(2300 Mhz) CA in Chennai. Speed was a bit low, maybe because of peak time. Can able to hit 25 Mbps.

IpsJyoe.png

I was able to get quite good speed on Airtel with carrier aggregation on Band 40(20 Mhz) + 40(10Mhz) as that configuration is the only one which my device supports by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its lte advance. I think it means two band of 1800used means 5+5mhz.

Airtel is making serious progress in many places I tested in Chennai. I can see speeds consistently 50+ Mbps in workplace where speed was barely 3-4 Mbps few weeks back. Looks like might have implemented Indoor Small Cell with Fiber Backhaul and possibly Massive MIMO. The high speeds are 2 CA (20 + 10 Band 40 CA). Even in my home getting good speeds where it used to be 5-10 Mbps on average. Most of my tests are on OMR. Attaching few Screenshots.

WuLE9KV.jpg
9qJ2Xeu.jpg
lSBUhkg.jpg

The one with lower speeds are while connected to Band 3 (5 Mhz) and few are deep inside buildings where I didn't even get 4G signal before.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Raj Wow u are getting very good ping like u get in broadband and for some reason my ping is fluctuating too much like from 70-300 ms from a week but before i used to get around 20-30ms ping

Higher ping maybe due to bad routing. I used to face this issue often in Jio. Airtel very rarely.

@Raj Or it may be because of upgrading the tower? I am saying this because i am seeing 3+40+40 and 40+40 from few hours which i didn't see before or if that's because of routing how do i complain then? Is there any nunber to call them.

Last edited:
Looks like they are upgrading the towers and also seem to have increased Backhaul capacity.