Carrier Aggregation on Airtel 4G LTE

Source

10 May 2022
Speeds were like this at 3:05 AM midnight. Airtel's
upload is always capped at around 15 Mbps. Mine is the same. I don't understand what's the need to cap the upload speeds maybe to free up bandwidth for downlink. If same goes with 5G then It won't be any use for me.

Currently I'm in Bihar circle now.

Screenshot-20220810-070606-Speedtest.png

The greatest irony being you need to go one generation ahead to experience actual 4G speeds. I guess this happens only in India.

Is it me or Speed test is somewhat skewed in favour of Airtel. Speed tests on Fast com gives accurate results, while the Okla app goes wonky at times.

No, for me it's the same experience everywhere. Can't do much with airtel except use whatsapp, regardless of signal strength or ca.

Mumbai's pretty congested if you ask me. The influx of users from VI to Airtel added to the existing burden of users.
I had some light improvement from 3mbps to 20mbps after telcos got some spectrum. But at my native place, I get around 60-70mbps with full signal and CA. I am on prepaid if that helps.

I'm on postpaid and I'm barely able to use ~10GB in one billing cycle. Jio is equally congested but they don't have such depreciation issues, and at times even if you have good speeds it's highly unreliable. This has been an issue not since Vi debacle but a lot before.
The worst thing is customer care doesn't do jack shit, but the ticket always without fail will close after 30-40 days.