Carrier Aggregation on Airtel 4G LTE

It's probably more of an automatic channel bandwidth management than capping. Since by default your device would lock to the highest bandwidth possible, most customers latch on to the same Band, hence reducing the amount of total frequency per customer.
Our lovely government sadly gives quite a miniscule amount of channel space to each telecom compared to the our huge population, so these things are uncommon.

Yeah Airtel have 200Mbps DL 25Mbps UL Cap

8123322330.png

Meanwhile I sit with no upload speed on my Airtel connection

I think my tower isn’t fiberised so upload speeds are being capped at 10Mbps. My location/prepaid plan has never shown CA. So the speeds I’ve written about before are all non-CA speeds. Unsure about band 3 or band 40 while testing.

It's probably more of an automatic channel bandwidth management than capping. Since by default your device would lock to the highest bandwidth possible, most customers latch on to the same Band, hence reducing the amount of total frequency per customer.
Our lovely government sadly gives quite a miniscule amount of channel space to each telecom compared to the our huge population, so these things are uncommon.
Airtel also pushes users onto band 40 just like how jio does. But the bandwidth of band 40 in my area is around 20Mhz and it is highest than any other band so it means that I will be automatically connected on band 40(tdd band) and no other fdd bands(band 1 and band 3) even if band 40 is congested then also?

Airtel also pushes users onto band 40 just like how jio does. But the bandwidth of band 40 in my area is around 20Mhz and it is highest than any other band so it means that I will be automatically connected on band 40(tdd band) and no other fdd bands(band 1 and band 3) even if band 40 is congested then also?
Yes, if you have a mediatek device you can manually lock on to any band you want, or if it's Qualcomm you will need to root your device. They do work, and I have seen improvement compared to being on the congested Band 40.

Yes, if you have a mediatek device you can manually lock on to any band you want, or if it's Qualcomm you will need to root your device. They do work, and I have seen improvement compared to being on the congested Band 40.
To be honest nowadays you can't even lock bands in mediatek devices mtk app was last updated on 2016 so it you can't set bands as the app doesn't support newer android versions and realme ui has disabled the ##3646633## a code with which we could change bands on mediatek devices. I don't know about other brands. If anybody is able to lock bands on mediatek devices please share the method.

Last edited:
@RK21 com.oplus.engineernetwork.BandMode
This is for OnePlus phones only, it does not support realme. Realme has engineering mode*#899# but it does not have an option to change bands.