Career Opportunities in Sales and Marketing

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 892
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I have recently noticed that there is bulk hiring going on by companies basically for Sales Process.What exactly are the Career Opportunities in Sales?In articles and workshops it sounds all good, but what exactly is the reality?

So ideally, Even in Sales process there are different domains. Couple of them are Sales Operations (Back end sales processing), Sales Teams (Front Sales), Sales Reporting & Analysis & Sales Strategies. So it's basically depends in which field you are interested in. What I have seen in several companies is Sales Strategies is one of the most interestesting teams to work in, where you get to see the overall picture of the sales of the company.

Mostly opportunities are easily available in front end sales. Nobody is reluctant if you get them orders. Most multinationals recrut from campus or pick experienced candidates from other small and sometimes equal companies with lucrative offers. Banks are offering sales jobs based on commission to anyone interested. They actually call random telephone nos and offer jobs based on commission.

Coming from a person who is trying to shift from a Technical to Sales profile, it ain't easy. But then again, nothing in life is. The big $$$ are in sales only, i.e. if you manage to achieve your targets!

Yep, big money. But too much strain. Not a day will pass that you do not get scold. There are exceptions though 🙂