Can't Login to My Airtel Account (Solved)

ISP
Airtel
Hello everyone,

I am a new Airtel subscriber from Kolkata. My connection was installed on Friday afternoon and I got a sms confirmation on Saturday evening (ie, 8-9 hrs ago) that my account has been activated. For the past 1 hr, I am trying to login to my airtel account or view the smartbytes page but am unable to do so.

When am trying to register my account with my registered mobile number - I am getting a error message.

When am opening the smartbytes page - it's saying that the request could not be processed.

I even opened the "pay bill online" page and entered my fixedline number to make sure that everything is working. It is saying to enter a valid airtel fixedline number !

I have double checked every info but it is looking like that my account does not exist at all!

What should I do now?

P.S: The connection is great by the way. Getting 16+ Mbps. The FUP is good too. But I would like to access my account as well.

I guess your account is not uploaded yet to their system. Send a mail to Airtel Presence (or tweet to them) and see what they say about it.

I guess your account is not uploaded yet to their system. Send a mail to Airtel Presence (or tweet to them) and see what they say about it.

I remember now that the installation guy told me that it will at least 48 hrs to activate my account and view/login to my smartbytes page (ie, Monday). Since I got the sms message today I thought my account has been fully activated. Should I wait for a couple of days or contact CC/tweet Airtel presence right away tomorrow?

Thanks

What's your plan details?

100 GB at 16 Mbps for 2099 Rupees (+tax). I had a BSNL connection before. I was paying them 1500 rupees + tax for 30GB at 4 Mbps. I got 2.5 Mbps at most, never 4 Mbps (it's because of their 30 years old wiring and illiterate technicians ). BSNL also stole 5-10 GB from their meagre 30 GB thanks to their shitty data counter. Added bonus from BSNL was regular, frequent disconnections and shockingly poor service. Compared to BSNL, Airtel's plan is nothing but a dream.

I live in Santoshpur by the way, 6-8 minutes from EM Bypass. I know you have a better plan, but you are an old customer of Airtel. As a new subscriber from a city with no decent ISP, Airtel gave me a very good deal.

imo wait more, it takes time, atleast a week.

Thanks, I guess my nightmarish experience with BSNL have made me paranoid. Still suffering from Post BSNL Traumatic Disorder. I will give it a week before I think about it again.

Haha yup, you'll be able to get those plans yourself in due course of time 😛
P.S - even i had switched from bsnl to airtel almost 2 years back.Airtel has been brilliant.Would never go back.